Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I sure hope I haven't forgotten my restaurant manners. We've been eating a lot of meals on snack tables in front of the TV. I've served salad, veggies and everything on a dinner plate to save washing extra dishes. No salad forks. Just use whatever fork's available.

Cloth napkins in my lap? Huh? Someone pouring water to refill my glass, smile and thank you. Yes, asking for my dressing on the side. Oh, ordering my pizza without anchovies (yuck), please. Don't sit cross legged in my chair like I've been eating at home and no snacking off DH's leftovers at the sink. Shoes would definitely be necessary and most likely not my pajama pants or pink sponge rollers. It probably would be best not to wear the stained shirt I had on making the spaghetti sauce for the freezer. Ah, calling for a reservation and standing in line w/ my little buzzer anyway. Eating dinner without the TV/news on will seem strange. Noise and others talking will seem weird, too. Shaking hands or being close to the wait person as I slide out of the booth.

What or where are you thinking you'll have to get accustomed to again? 

You can and should have manners at home during meals.  Staying at home doesn't mean being a slob.  Yikes!

There was humor and sarcasm in her post. Staying at home also means you can do it your way.  I doubt Shanus is being a total slob.  

Honored Contributor

The grocery store.  Last week some announcement came over the speaker and I felt like I was in a movie about Big Brother.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your tongue in cheek post. It gave me a smile @Shanus