Honored Contributor

MY RESTAURANT MANNERS?

[ Edited ]

I sure hope I haven't forgotten my restaurant manners. We've been eating a lot of meals on snack tables in front of the TV. I've served salad, veggies and everything on a dinner plate to save washing extra dishes. No salad forks. Just use whatever fork's available.

Cloth napkins in my lap? Huh? Someone pouring water to refill my glass, smile and thank you. Yes, asking for my dressing on the side. Oh, ordering my pizza without anchovies (yuck), please. Don't sit cross legged in my chair like I've been eating at home and no snacking off DH's leftovers at the sink. Shoes would definitely be necessary and most likely not my pajama pants or pink sponge rollers. It probably would be best not to wear the stained shirt I had on making the spaghetti sauce for the freezer. Ah, calling for a reservation and standing in line w/ my little buzzer anyway. Eating dinner without the TV/news on will seem strange. Noise and others talking will seem weird, too. Shaking hands or being close to the wait person as I slide out of the booth.

What or where are you thinking you'll have to get accustomed to again? 

Respected Contributor

Re: MY RESTAURANT MANNERS?

[ Edited ]

Getting in my car and being able to go places that are open.  I take my car out at least 2 times a week bc they say you want to run it every few days to keep the battery from dying.  I have been driving over to Walmart every few days - bc it's about 4 or 5 miles and perfect distance.  Instead of getting out there or other places I now just do a drive by!

Honored Contributor

I've been doing drive bys too. I go to the mall and look at Nordstrom, ULTA, Nordstrom Rack, a few favorite eateries across the street....ahhh!

Honored Contributor

I can't think of anything except, maybe when I am out of something I used to just run to the store and get it.  Now, I think twice and put it on my list for the next time I go shopping.

I still shower and dress every day and we still eat at the table. I don't even own any snack trays.  I don't miss eating out, because we don't eat out often.  Only a few times a year, usually with friends.

At my house, we really haven't had to change up our routine much.  I hardly ever go shopping except for groceries.  Often, I go weeks without spending any money, except for household utilities and insurance, food, etc. And a tank of gas lasts me maybe two months.

I would like to visit the lady I take care of.  She is in a rehab center.  I feel so bad for her and we can't visit.  I do miss that.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I sure hope I haven't forgotten my restaurant manners. We've been eating a lot of meals on snack tables in front of the TV. I've served salad, veggies and everything on a dinner plate to save washing extra dishes. No salad forks. Just use whatever fork's available.

Cloth napkins in my lap? Huh? Someone pouring water to refill my glass, smile and thank you. Yes, asking for my dressing on the side. Oh, ordering my pizza without anchovies (yuck), please. Don't sit cross legged in my chair like I've been eating at home and no snacking off DH's leftovers at the sink. Shoes would definitely be necessary and most likely not my pajama pants or pink sponge rollers. It probably would be best not to wear the stained shirt I had on making the spaghetti sauce for the freezer. Ah, calling for a reservation and standing in line w/ my little buzzer anyway. Eating dinner without the TV/news on will seem strange. Noise and others talking will seem weird, too. Shaking hands or being close to the wait person as I slide out of the booth.

What or where are you thinking you'll have to get accustomed to again? 

You can and should have manners at home during meals.  Staying at home doesn't mean being a slob.  Yikes!

Honored Contributor

@Bri369   No YIKES needed. It's a fun, tongue in cheek thread. Guess you don't know my sense of humor well. 

Honored Contributor

Re: MY RESTAURANT MANNERS?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus -

That's so funny, those images.

I hope I don't look at people and walk quickly away as if they were super contageous.

And always hoping I'm not and giving somebody something either!

Or being so hesitant to hug!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Shanus  You have a wonderful sense of humor.  I enjoy your posts.  We need humor in our days.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Shanus  You have a wonderful sense of humor.  I enjoy your posts.  We need humor in our days.

Thanks @KathyM23 . Some "get it" & some don't know me here. 

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to go out to a nice restaurant again!  I go out with girlfriends a lot for both lunch & dinner since DH has many health problems which keeps him from enjoying the restaurant experience.

There are so many wonderful restaurants near me I miss them and going into summer the outdoor ambiance at many.

I wonder when this is all over how many will survive?