Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe , Very well said, i have been here  through  losing my son,in 1998, my husband 2013, my dogs , and feel like i have a relationship with some on here, i just hate they are choosing to close this, some of us need this chat forum.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

QVC brass have no idea how important the boards have been to so many people. Through births, deaths, illness, and tragedy it's been amazing that a shopping channel created a forum where people from all over could share so much, get support, and YES, discuss shopping, QVC products, and so much more. 

QVC never realized what a special place they had created for their customers. They don't realize that their decision is an insult. The loyalty that developed among those of us who posted for decades supported our loyalty to QVC. One fed the other. I literally moved from one page to the other but the boards came first. I wanted to check on my "friends." Then I could go shopping. QVC has become just another website without the boards. If they don't reverse their decision, I have only one way to show my disdain. After almost 30 years, I'll be done with QVC.

Honored Contributor

The proboards are just great! I love our new home there! You all will too. It takes some getting used to but so does anything new. Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@turtle52 wrote:

Posts like yours should make QVC reconsider their decision. 

It did.

Honored Contributor

Re: MY OPINION ONLY

[ Edited ]

I spent 27 years in a hospital environment that was heavily affected by top level administrative decisions.  

My last years there before retirement, were spent inside the administrative offices where those very decisions originated.  I worked with great people who had a job to do and a governing board to answer to.  I saw both sides of those decisions, and sometimes just saw clearly why the unfavorable ones had to be made.

For me, last weeks decision took me back to the office I left 8 years ago, and the many LONG closed door meetings in the CEOs office.  I took care of the outside office until 4:30 when I locked the door and left for the day.  

Whatever decisions were made, I accepted, and just took it in stride.  I will do the same here.  My chosen relationship with this company is based solely on the merchandise I buy here.