Esteemed Contributor

I came actively involved in the boards in 2016 after my husband passed away.   I had a Face Book Page at that time, but it was the people here that got me through it.  It was the people here that got me through the loss of my dog. I Just want to say Thanks to all that were here for me and I can say this, No matter where everyone ends up, We will never be able to replace what is here.

Relationships that have grown over a number of years can't be replaced.  This is a safe place and we won't have that on Facebook.  PLEASE don't click on any Ads on Face Book.  I promise you that Face Book will know about everything you shop for and will drive you nuts with advertisements.  If your on a laptop download Ad Blocker for Face Book.  Ad blocker won't work on your phones which is why I never go to Face Book unless I am on my laptop. 

I am sad that QVC didn't take into consideration that many that come here around the Holidays to discuss the products or to come here on the Holidays because they are alone. I am lucky to have family to be with, but many don't have that.  They could have at least waited till after the Holidays.  This proves to me that they just don't care.  Sad  

Trusted Contributor

Posts like yours should make QVC reconsider their decision. 

Contributor

I'm tired of the hosts saying " ONLY ORDER OF THE YEARRR"  Ok people, it's now October. Woopee. January is around the corner. Another strategic "stress" push to order. I'm not that dumb🙄

Regular Contributor

Your post brought a tear to my eye. This board is like the America song "Lonely People", "this is for all the lonely people, thinkin' that life has passed them by, don't give up 'til you drink from the silver cup and ride that highway to the sky.

May the board take the high road on its last days here at the Q.

Super Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I came actively involved in the boards in 2016 after my husband passed away.   I had a Face Book Page at that time, but it was the people here that got me through it.  It was the people here that got me through the loss of my dog. I Just want to say Thanks to all that were here for me and I can say this, No matter where everyone ends up, We will never be able to replace what is here.

Relationships that have grown over a number of years can't be replaced.  This is a safe place and we won't have that on Facebook.  PLEASE don't click on any Ads on Face Book.  I promise you that Face Book will know about everything you shop for and will drive you nuts with advertisements.  If your on a laptop download Ad Blocker for Face Book.  Ad blocker won't work on your phones which is why I never go to Face Book unless I am on my laptop. 

I am sad that QVC didn't take into consideration that many that come here around the Holidays to discuss the products or to come here on the Holidays because they are alone. I am lucky to have family to be with, but many don't have that.  They could have at least waited till after the Holidays.  This proves to me that they just don't care.  Sad  

I hope QVC TPTB will see this particular post as I couldn't have said it better.

Respected Contributor

At the very least QVC could have waited until January 1, 2022.

Heartless to just let the loyal customers and posters, some of whom depend on this board for a lot more than QVC shopping talk, to drop them right before the holidays.

Guess you're fine to QVC if you're purchasing all that plastic imported junk for Christmas, but too bad if for you if you're just a lowly poster on these forums.

And Farcebook as the choice?

NO WAY for me. 

Super Contributor

Re: MY OPINION ONLY

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe I was a member of We love qvc on FB, it was full of posts about I hate (fill  in the name of a host), and everyone chiming in - kind of like a lynch mob.  When I would start a post asking about something QVC was selling, it was immediately buried by 10's of posts, so no one actually could respond.  I quit when the name calling, and the nastiness at posters started.  

I went to the main page QVC FB last night, posted I thought it was wrong to close the forums.  This morning I saw there was a reply to at least 90% of the posters, from a lady posting this garbage to everyone:

"amazing personality with great leadership qualities. I believed in her hands and success followed, initially I deposited $4000 and in less than a month I made $40,000. Her credibility cannot be overlooked"!!!!!!!  Pure garbage and no one removes this.

I've also seen men asking women posters to reply to them - creepy.  And this is what QVC wants us to go to? 

I'm over on the new Proboard, it looks like it will work for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@BalletBabe I was a member of We love qvc on FB, it was full of posts about I hate (fill  in the name of a host), and everyone chiming in - kind of like a lynch mob.  When I would start a post asking about something QVC was selling, it was immediately buried by 10's of posts, so no one actually could respond.  I quit when the name calling, and the nastiness at posters started.  

I went to the main page QVC FB last night, posted I thought it was wrong to close the forums.  This morning I saw there was a reply to at least 90% of the posters, from a lady posting this garbage to everyone:

"amazing personality with great leadership qualities. I believed in her hands and success followed, initially I deposited $4000 and in less than a month I made $40,000. Her credibility cannot be overlooked"!!!!!!!  Pure garbage and no one removes this.

I've also seen men asking women posters to reply to them - creepy.  And this is what QVC wants us to go to? 

I'm over on the new Proboard, it looks like it will work for me. 

@new nickname 4   I looked at it also last night and all I can say is no thanks!  People that don't know how to set their settings will get in trouble.  

Esteemed Contributor

Right on @BalletBabe ! 

Honored Contributor

@turtle52 wrote:

Posts like yours should make QVC reconsider their decision. 

@turtle52 

It should, but what we really need would be a flood of letters to the new CEO.