Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam.  I appreciate your problem.

Screenshot_20231230_215043_Facebook.jpg

@Kachina624     

I "may" OR "may not" join you (!!!)     di

i haven't quite decided either. Hmmmm. Bedroom or living room. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

My neighbors have been setting off cherry bombs since Friday.    Living room or bedroom....I can't get away from the noise!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam and everyone, happy new year!

• Goodbye 2023 Hello 2024 Happy New Year's Eve Christmas Xmas Digital PNG. image 1
Honored Contributor

Originally it was going to be one other couple who live around the corner.  However we've added another couple since they were going to visit family and their daughter has Covid.

So we will order cheesesteaks & hoagies (last of the holiday food before I start my low carb way of eating again), watch a movie and have dessert.  We will watch the ball drop then by 12:30 they will probably go home.

We're such an exciting group!  LOL!

Since they are coming over , I spent all day yesterday cleaning the kitchen (cleaning out the pantry, fridge & some cabinets).  Today I need to clean up the powder room, etc.

I took down Christmas decorations in the kitchen but still have the tree, foyer & outside (DH takes that down) to work on in the new year.

Happy New Year!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

Love this!

pic--Smiley-Gal-ThumbsUp.jpg

Goodbye 2023 Welcome 2024 Wallpapers HD Images

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam.  I appreciate your problem.

Screenshot_20231230_215043_Facebook.jpg

@Kachina624 If it were just DH and me, I would wear my comfy PJs and jazz it up with a nice necklace & earrings! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DD and I are recovering from covid/rsv vaccinations from this past, last  Friday of 2023 --both of us did ok and didn't suffer the wretched side effects from either one, as we did with prior shots--a huge win-win for us. But we are staying home tonight and I may grill a beautiful NY steak--in honor of the big ball drop ----and a few other tasty tidbits I still have from Xmas. Very low key, which is just fine with me.

Honored Contributor

I always serve seafood on New Year's Eve day.  I have lobster tails, crab legs and shrimp this year.

I do it because we love seafood.  My youngest son who is single always joins us for dinner, but leaves early.

Right before midnight, some idiot neighbors a few streets away start with the fire crackers. They are the same people who put off fireworks in July.  They caught a garden shed on fire one year.

They are loud and wake up the small sleeping children and scare the animals.  I pray that they move, but they are still here.

When it's quiet, we go to bed. Rinse and repeat next year.

Everyone, enjoy your night and be safe going into the new year.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Meowingkitty 

My neighbors have been setting off cherry bombs since Friday.    Living room or bedroom....I can't get away from the noise!    di

We have idiot neighbors like that too. Last year one jerk was setting off fireworks from 6 when it got dark to 3 in the morning. He only took a break to go to the bathroom. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure many of us would give anything to spend New Years with both our parents.

If that isn't very interesting for you, could you visit them and then go out with friends or to a friend's house for the rest of the evening?