Honored Contributor

@Shanus  you are in my prayers.  Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Shanus  Thinking of you and saying prayers.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry for you @Shanus

I pray your Mom passes peacefully.

Respected Contributor

So sorry!  

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  I'm so sorry you're going through this difficult time especially  when there is so much joyfulness being pushed on us.  My husband is very ill, just out of the hospital, and I don't think  there is going to be a very good outcome.  Your Mom is in excellent hands with hospice, very kind, wonderful people.  Please take care of yourself.

Trusted Contributor

I have just paused in prayer for you and your dear mother, @Shanus

Also for @bootsanne and her dear husband. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

I realize this is a whirlwind time in your life and you may not come back to these boards for awhile and even then you may not be up to responding to each person.  Just to let you know from those of us who have been in your shoes, that we understand and will keep you in our prayers.  Losing parents are not easy and if close to your DM, it is especially difficult.  I lost my DM 4 years ago just prior to Thanksgiving; we buried her 2 days before Thanksgiving.  It will never be the same for me, but I feel her close all the time and there is a peace that is working its' way.   It will find you also and hope you can hold on to that promise.  Until then and beyond, we are here.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY MOM IS DYING

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Because I’ve always been honest here about what’s happening in my life, I have very sad news to share. 

At Thanksgiving, Mom seemed weak, but at 90 w/ a walker this was as usual. I took her to have tests run and a complete physical. She only has 10% kidney function, anemia and a boatload of other issues. She’s been canceling her doctor’s visits, not taking her meds properly and definitely not eating well.

All attempts to move her closer or assisted living have failed. I hired help for her 24/7 so she’s never alone and have been going back and forth to check on her.

Her physician sent Hospice over on Monday and stopped all her medications (she refused to take them anyway). Hospice believes it’s the patient’s right to do so. She’s sleeping most of the time and I’m assuming she won’t make it through the week.

I know there may be replies and my apologies in advance for not getting back to everyone. I have feelings to deal with, plans to make and relatives to call to put them on notice. Being Jewish, funerals take place within 2 or 3 days. I have to hold myself together until I get the inevitable phone call. 

DH and DS are being more than supportive and I will get through this in time. 

Thanks in advance for your sympathy.

@Shanusdear, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved mom. May her passage be gentle and may her pain and suffering be gone. Sending you and your family prayers and love. xoxox Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@Shanus . I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother.  Sending you my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Sending 🙏 your way and for your Mom as well.