Honored Contributor

Because I’ve always been honest here about what’s happening in my life, I have very sad news to share. 

At Thanksgiving, Mom seemed weak, but at 90 w/ a walker this was as usual. I took her to have tests run and a complete physical. She only has 10% kidney function, anemia and a boatload of other issues. She’s been canceling her doctor’s visits, not taking her meds properly and definitely not eating well.

All attempts to move her closer or assisted living have failed. I hired help for her 24/7 so she’s never alone and have been going back and forth to check on her.

Her physician sent Hospice over on Monday and stopped all her medications (she refused to take them anyway). Hospice believes it’s the patient’s right to do so. She’s sleeping most of the time and I’m assuming she won’t make it through the week.

I know there may be replies and my apologies in advance for not getting back to everyone. I have feelings to deal with, plans to make and relatives to call to put them on notice. Being Jewish, funerals take place within 2 or 3 days. I have to hold myself together until I get the inevitable phone call. 

DH and DS are being more than supportive and I will get through this in time. 

Thanks in advance for your sympathy.

Esteemed Contributor

Please know that we are thinking of you and hoping for peace.

Honored Contributor

Aww hugs and prayers for all.  I'll be thinking of you often.  Take care.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, I am very sorry for what you and your family are experiencing at this difficult time in the circle of life.  Your mother is in good hands with hospice and will soon be free of any pain.  I know that is not comforting at this time, but I am sending my prayers and best thoughts to you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

All my sympathy to you.  Wishing all the strength you need.  May your mother have a gentle passage.

Be assured that hospice will supply, without rationing, all the drugs your mother will need for relief.

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I wish your mom, you and your family peace.  May the happy memories help to heal the hole in your heart.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY MOM IS DYING

[ Edited ]

I  will never forget the pain of losing my own mother.My heart aches for you.You’re a wonderful daughter.Your  mom will pass knowing how very much she was loved.That will give you both comfort.💐

Trusted Contributor

Re: MY MOM IS DYING

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

So very sorry you are going through this Smiley Sad  I will keep both you and your mom in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, it's so hard to lose your mom, I'm so sorry. ❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan