Honored Contributor

🎂 MY COVID BIRTHDAY IS TODAY 🎂

[ Edited ]

I always look forward to my birthday...except this year. No lunch or dinner out, no workout and slaps on the butt at the gym, no mini shopping spree at the mall, etc. 

Yesterday at noon my DS, DIL and the Girls showed up at 1 after lunch for a SURPRISE PARTY. The granddaughters made a cake, the younger one brought a bouquet of flowers from their backyard garden and it really boosted my spirit. 

Have a spa day at home planned. Chose a few movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime (of course, popcorn).  DH is putting steaks on the grill and is making me a Cosmo with  for dinner. Ya-Hoo! He gave me a dozen roses a half hour ago that he had hidden in the office frig. Awwwh. ❤️

I guess all the birthday trimmings are just fluff and I'm grateful for my thoughtful, loving family, our health and safety from this deadly virus, the love of friends who sent e cards or mailed them, my cousin who's my age and grew up across the street as sisters (lives in Charlotte a few hours away) who sent me a gift card to Nordstrom knowing I could use it for the sale (Yay!) 

There's certainly nothing I'd ask for but peace, quiet, lack of violence and some understanding in this country. God's speed to scientists working on a darn vaccine. 

I'm thankful for my decisions in life to marry young (& of course finding DH with similar hopes and dreams and putting up with this unpredictable lady for 51 years on Aug. 2nd), having my children young enough to be able to grow up with them and enjoying my grandchildren with strength and energy. I'm happy about the educational paths I've taken that have led me to various and creative careers that keep me busy, but also the huge gift of loving my own company and being comfortable alone reading and listening to music. 

My birthday wish to my Forum Friends/Family here is a healthy and safe year ahead full of great threads, posts with continued complaints, questions and funny stories.

To those who have not reached 72 yet, it's not so bad. As they say, only a number. I will say, I'm sure I wouldn't feel that way without my health and energy and a lot of craziness. To those who haven't made a little exercise and good eating a habit, never too late to start. You'll truly appreciate it in years to come. 

Thanks to all here who have been a safe place to land when I lost my Mom and Sadie within weeks of eachother and felt hopeless. You are all a wealth of wisdom and support. 

Of course, a long nap 💤 is planned this afternoon. What would a birthday be without that? 

Respected Contributor

Re: 🎂 MY COVID BIRTHDAY IS TODAY 🎂

@Shanus Happy birthday! I'm glad to hear that you had your family with you to celebrate and it sounds like you had a very nice day.

I understand a little bit of how you feel. My birthday was in early April and we were still in full lockdown and since the weather was not good here in the Philadelphia area we didn't have the option to celebrate out of doors. It made for a very odd kind of day but I tried to keep in mind that I had my health and my family and friends were also well. I made myself a nice dinner and a small cake so I celebrated the day - even if I was stuck inside alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday @Shanus

No matter what is going on in this world today, this is your day!  Enjoy your at home spa day and nap. 🙏😷❤️ 🎂 🎁 

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24   Thanks for your wishes. Yes, celebrations this year will be weird.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday, @Shanus !  It sounds like you have had a very blessed life so far.  Many wishes for many more healthy years ahead.  

Enjoy your day!

Tends~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@godi   Think the nap 😴 will be the high point!

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much @tends2dogs.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   Well said.  Such a balanced, positive post.  Wishing you many happy returns on your special day this year.  You have earned it!

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

image.png

@Shanus 

Happy birthday!  Here's hoping the next one doesn't require a mask. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@Shanus Happy Birthday! 

Yes, everything is different this year, but we can still celebrate in some way...and it sounds like your lovely family agrees! Have a wonderful day!