Esteemed Contributor

Re: MOM PASSED PEACEFULLY ON THURSDAY

@Shanus  I'm  sorry to hear you've lost your Mother.  She will always be with you in memories. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

i am so very sorry for this very huge devastating loss.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, @Shanus .   I'm so sorry to read this.   I knew it was coming but still, my heart is heavy.  I'm not Jewish but please know, I will sit shiva with you and your family if that is possible, in spirit.  If able, I would be at your side.   Peace to your family at this difficult time.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I’m so sorry for your loss.  I’ve been through this too often, in my own life recently.  It is heart wrenching and I empathize with you.  

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Shanus,

I too lost my entire immediate family, and the hardest loss and longest grief period I encountered was losing my Mother. 

I grieved day and night.

The tears fell like a river from my red painfully swollen eyes.

I lost 50 lbs in 2 months. I could not keep food down, but drank plenty water, took vitamins, and when I could eat I had tea and toast, or mashed potatoes and soups.

I actually stopped cooking, and chose to grieve in total isolation.

I cold not stop sobbing and my heart actually hurt.

I  could not sleep for more than 2 hours daily.

My Mom and I remained very close. She was my best friend and since she had me when she was 18 she looked much younger than her age, and we were often taken for sisters.

There are no words when one is close to their Mother and she dies.

The day my Mom died a large part of me died too, and I truly longer to join her, but remained strong due to  her passing on to me her intense religious convictions. I also knew it was not my time to be called home. 

I also knew only God gives life, and has the divine right to call me home.

Shanus I pray God holds you and your loved ones in his healing hands and offers all of you comfort, warmth, wisdom, understanding, and finally acceptance.  In order to accept what you unfortunately cannot change, and have the stamina to move forward in earthly life.

Just remember your Mom no longer suffers the pains of earthly existence, and is smiling at you, waiting patiently until you are both again reunited.

When we lose those we so loved in life, they become a cherished memory, and live on in our hearts, and minds. In the Holy Bible it is stated that they live on, and those words also brought me much comfort when I lost my loved ones.

Shanus please remember all the good times you shared with your Mom.

May she R.I.P. and may God Bless you Shanus, and give you the strength to endure through this very hard time.

Shanus may your grief turn into wisdom, and make stronger.

By continuing on your earthly path and doing good you will continue to make your Mom proud of you, so rest assured she knows your heartbreak and hopes your grief period will be brief, and you will continue to make her proud every day you live your life, and do good deeds by also offering a helping hand to others in need.

They say when grief is prolonged combined with total isolation, no contact with anyone and and no medical intervention that the end result is that people have died from a broken heart, unwilling to accept the loss so they lose their own will to live, and I can believe that can happen unless they have hope of sacred reunions in Heaven.

Also Shanuns there is a saying "Only God knows the reason he gives life and then calls it home, and that is something which I know I must accept, and I do".

Heavenly reunions is what gives me strength to go on in life, still missing all those I so deeply loved who passed away, but Heavenly reunions are what gives me more faith and a greater hope, and those thoughts offer me total comfort.   

God Bless you and yours Shanus, and take good care.....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.May God comfort you.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus- (((Blessings and prayers to you)))  No matter how much we expect it, it's still a terrible shock.  Return when you can.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Shanus, so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. The ones we love stay in our hearts forever.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus - just reading your post.  My deepest condolences to you and your family.  May your mom rest in peace.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?