Honored Contributor

MOM PASSED PEACEFULLY ON THURSDAY

[ Edited ]

Our huge family was able to fly here for funeral on Sunday. Now starts the Jewish practice of grieving called “Shiva”. We stay home and reflect/pray, no concerts, outside entertainment, activities of enjoyment, etc. Some do a longer time, we’ll be following the tradition for a month.

Out of town family left late yesterday which felt quite lonely. My daughter flew back to Seattle late last night. Son and family nearby and will get together in the evenings at alternate homes with Rabbi for prayers. 

Not sure if I will return here for awhile, but wanted all of you, my supportive forum family, to know Mom had passed away in her sleep and why I may be absent from forums. May return next week if jumping out of my skin from inability to get out of the house. 😜

I’m very sad and doing as well as expected.

Love to all.

Shanus

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MOM PASSED PEACEFULLY ON THURSDAY

My sincere condolences to you at such a difficult time.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom! We're never really ready to let them go, are we? My beloved Mom died 10 years ago, and while the "grief" has eased with time, I will always miss her. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take good care of yourself during this difficult time.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Our huge family was able to fly here for funeral on Sunday. Now starts the Jewish practice of grieving called “Shiva”. We stay home and reflect/pray, no concerts, outside entertainment, activities of enjoyment, etc. Some do a longer time, we’ll be following the tradition for a month.

Out of town family left late yesterday which felt quite lonely. My daughter flew back to Seattle late last night. Son and family nearby and will get together in the evenings at alternate homes with Rabbi for prayers. 

Not sure if I will return here for awhile, but wanted all of you, my supportive forum family, to know Mom had passed away in her sleep and why I may be absent from forums. May return next week if jumping out of my skin from inability to get out of the house. 😜

I’m very sad and doing as well as expected.

Love to all.

Shanus

@Shanus @You have my sympathy, losing a mom is so hard. 🌷🌺🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus   I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom.

Super Contributor

I am sorry for the loss of your Mother.  No matter how old we are or the circumstances it is a hurt like no other.  

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.  Losing a parent is very difficult, no matter our age.

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.....  today marks 21 years of the passing of my dad...   feels like yesterday...  Prayers to you and your family.Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prayers to you and your family for comfort and healing. Thanks be to God that she passed peacefully. Now may she rest the Angels.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  Prayers for peace and comfort.  Your Mom is in the beautiful Heavens without any pain.  It is so hard to watch our loved ones be in pain and discomfort during their final chapter on this earth.  I often read your posts about your Mom, and all the very difficult pain and emotions you went through.  My thoughts are with you friend.