Respected Contributor

Re: MAUI - Your Fav. place to eat, fun things to do, whatever you want to share :)

@Seannie  Thank you so much for your suggestions, we will for sure check them out.  We do like Roy's too, but it's so much fun going to the ma/pa places or places where locals like to eat, if we see a lot of locals somewhere, that's where we eat!! We are very casual people so "usually" don't do many fancy dinner. The Kapalua Golf course is nice but they won't even allow you to wear flip flops!! We are in Maui and no Flip Flops? So, hubby will golf there but we don't do dinner there, just not my style, I like to be care free and casual while we are on vacation in Maui.

I am so happy I asked, it's SO MUCH FUN trying to places. We have been to the black rock and do enjoy swimming in that area, Maui is great for seeing turtles too, when we visit the other islands we never see turtles but in Maui we see them throughout the entire day....every day! I usually always manage to find/see a seal on the beach too, they are HUGE and so awesome to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAUI - Your Fav. place to eat, fun things to do, whatever you want to share :)

We stayed at the Hyatt on Kaanapali Beach.  Our favorite place to eat was Leilani's on the Beach in Whaler's Village.  Also the Swan Court restaurant at the Hyatt was very romantic, but not sure if they still serve dinner.  Whaler's Village is a fun place to walk around - lots of shops and restaurants.  I love Maui.  Have fun!!

Esteemed Contributor

Alpha Mixed Plate ( very inexpensive, right on the beach, they cook for Feast at Lele and the other big luau -- can't think of name) and Star Noodle.  Both of these are very near Lahaina.

Contributor

A trip is not complete to Maui without hitting the Maui Swapmeet on Saturday mornings. My advice is to go early. Lots of great stuff. 310 W. Kaahumamanu Blvd in Kahului.  Not too fat from Costco.

Also, check out a Willy K concert. Usually it is a dinner/concert. It always sells out, so you need to make reservations. On Wednesdays, he is at Mulligans on the Blue in Wailea. Thursdays he is at King Kamehameha Golf Club and sometimes is is at Kimo's in Lahaina. Very entertaining.

Valued Contributor

Aloha Mixed Plate in Lahaina was recommended by my son and daughter in law.   We ate there when we were in Lahaina and it was great.   We stayed in Wailea and loved Monkeypod.  Best Mai tai on Maui and we also enjoyed Cheeseburger in paradise.

Respected Contributor

Loving hearing on the suggestions, some we have already done, some new, getting more excited for our return to Maui

Respected Contributor

Whenever we travel we always check out TripAdvisor and get wonderful suggestions.  Another place to find out of the way places are the Foddor books for the various islands.  Love that book, so informative.  Maui is gorgeous!  One other thing that we do is to hit the local Costco and see what different things we can take back to our hotel.  Wine, snacks, all kinds of different items current to the local store.  Have fun.