Respected Contributor

MAUI - Your Fav. place to eat, fun things to do, whatever you want to share :)

We will be visiting Maui for a couple weeks in Oct., We go every year over our Anniv. We of course are very aware of our surroundings and have our Fav. places to go to and eat at but it’s always fun to learn of new places to try.
I thought I would ask here to see where your Fav. place in Maui is to go.
Your fav. place to eat? Walk, hike, swim, snorkel whatever you feel like sharing.
We say on the West side of the island, that is our fav. part of the island Smiley Wink
TIA for your input
Aloha!!

Super Contributor

Re: MAUI - Your Fav. place to eat, fun things to do, whatever you want to share :)

I went with my sister in 2012.  Best meal = Mama's Fish House in Paia.  We love to swim and boogie board.  We also took a day cruise to Lanai and snorkeled.  Have fun!!!

Super Contributor

Re: MAUI - Your Fav. place to eat, fun things to do, whatever you want to share :)

Hi Sandgirl, I don't have any first hand experience, but I did come across a really great website when I was looking for information on a different island. They have all kinds of great information that you might find helpful. 

http://www.gohawaii.com/en/maui/#undefined

Have a Happy Anniversary and fun trip.

tkins

Respected Contributor

We haven't been back to Mauii in several years. I was hoping some of you would have some wonderful suggestions.

Esteemed Contributor

@dc2004 wrote:

I went with my sister in 2012.  Best meal = Mama's Fish House in Paia.  We love to swim and boogie board.  We also took a day cruise to Lanai and snorkeled.  Have fun!!!

YES! The best ahi I have ever had. Everything we had there was delicious! They have great cocktails too. I can't remember the name of the drink I had but it was coconut mint something, it was great.

Also loved the Coconut Fish Cafe. We ate there many times and everything my husband and I tried was excellent and they had the best fish tacos I have had anywhere, and I have had fish tacos at many places.

Enjoy yourself and have a great trip!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

If you have not tried the Hyatt on West Maui for breakfast yet, I would make that suggestion.  They have a breakfast buffet with FRESH everything.  We stayed there and had a huge breakfast (brunch) everyday.  Didn't need to eat again 'til mid afternoon.  I love Maui, but Kawai is still my favorite island.  Enjoy your time in Hawaii.

Frequent Contributor

Sensei for sushi

2 locations, Kihei and Lahaina / Ka'anapali area

Mana Foods in Pai'a, best Healthfood store around

In general we mostly spend time in Hana. If you've never spend 2-3 nights out there, you might give it a try. Total withdrawel from our regular life ! Hamoa beach, hiking under waterfalls, organic farmstands, kayaking in the harbor, outdoor massages.....HEAVEN

Respected Contributor

@Katrin B  I LOVE Mana Foods, its our first stop after the airport before we even get to our condo. I "try" and eat fairly healthy even while on vacation with only allowing a few choice splurge meals  Smiley Happy and maybe a couple drinks too.

we have never stayed in Hana, been there but not stayed, I think i will mention this to my DH, sounds amazing, Thanks for s haring!

Regular Contributor

Hi!  Wonderful thread.  I think of Maui daily and wish it could be arranged soon, but

we have a timeshare and will go in 2016.

Our favorite place to eat is (don't laugh!) Beach Bums Bar and Grill on Ma'alea

Harbor.  Not fancy at all. Paper plates and plastic cups but the cook is Amazing!

Love the pork, burgers, cole slaw, Macaroni and Cheese to die for!

Every week on Maui, we eat there at least 3 times.

Gosh my mouth is watering just thinking about that mac and cheese.

Seannie

Regular Contributor

Hi again, forgot to mention for higher-end places to eat, we love Roy's at Kaanapali.

Snorkeling at Black Rock by the Sheraton is pretty nice.  Last time saw an eel eating

a fish--she folded it in half and gulped it down while all the other small fishes hung

around just waiting for the crumbs to float their way.

Have a wonderful time, Seannie