Respected Contributor

Re: MATTE FLAT SATIN EGGSHELL SEMI-GLOSS, OH MY!!!!

@Shanus 

That's a lovely white.  I need to get painting living area but scared of mistake.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@just bee   Your brick is SO similar to the brick in my house (in Nebraska)! I'm so glad to hear you didn't have it painted. Seems to many new homes are painting it, which takes away the charm IMHO. You made a lovely choice. 

@BirkiLady 

Thanks so much.  It's called "Old Keystone."  The Albuquerque company that makes this "rustic" brick also makes a brick that is even more textured.  When I first saw it, I said it looked like it was made by bears.  Blind bears.

I was born in Chicago and always loved brick.  Spent 25 years in Northern California where brick is rare.  When we visited Albuquerque 26 years ago and I saw all the brick homes, I knew I had to have one.

Sounds silly, but I named our house "Jack."  After the Cubs' broadcaster Jack Brickhouse. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I went through this a couple of years ago.  The finish was the biggest challenge for me.  I hate eggshell with every fiber of my being.

Benjamin Moore has a nice display with lighting in their store that shows what the finishes look like under different lighting.

I was very interested in the pearl finish.  I thought that might be nice in the bathrooms, but my painter talked me out of it.  He said that it never looks right on the walls and gets an almost distorted look to it over time.

I ended up with matte on the walls and semi-gloss on the trim and doors.  I'm not a big fan of semi-gloss but I've tried matte on the trim and doors and it doesn't look right.

That's why I was intrigued by the pearl, it seemed like it was in between matte and semi-gloss.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN