Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

I know little about Martha Stewart. I do however know of her felony sentence. Were the same laws enforced in our capital, there would be many household names that would include felon.

As for fashion? Said many times on these forums my wife has said to me many times "you look like a homeless man". My dress style would be 180° of GQ.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

No, don't feel as you do about Martha at all.Have been following Martha since the 80's. Love her cooking, style and her quality merchandise. She started it all by herself. She was hands on, what she did not know about, she educated herself about it and then was hands on. Very impressed and inspired by Martha. Very happy for her success and continued success in whatever she does.

Honored Contributor

I was never a fan of hers.

However I will say her embroidered jeans that were a TSV last year were the best jeans I bought in a long time.

Respected Contributor

I have several of her books and must admit she has great style.

I don't have any personal feelings about her.

Valued Contributor

No one "agrees" to go to prison.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I will admit, right from the start, that I am not a Martha Stewart fan.  Never have been.  I just saw her in an interview, I think it was on Entertainment Tonight or one of those shows, that reinforces my opinion.  They put up a photo of Felicity Huffman in her green prison garb, and Martha made the comment that "She looks "shlumpy"and "she could have styled it better."  Was that comment really necessary?  Did she think that she looked any better when she was behind bars?  Speaking of which, why would you agree to go to prison if you really thought you were innocent?

Then they aired an interview with Martha from years ago.  There was a photo up of Gwyneth Paltrow, to which Martha said something like, "If she were more confident in her acting ability, she would not be trying to be the next Martha Stewart."  Gwyneth started that Goop company and is doing very well at it.  Kudos to her.  And, I think she is a great actress as well.

Over the years I have heard comments from her ex-husband and ex-employees.  She was and probably is still NOT a nice person to work for.  Sure she is successful, despite her felony record.  But to use a quote from the movie "Stepmom", "Winning without dignity and grace is not winning."  I think that Martha could have achieved the same amount of success without being nasty.  I have never, and will never, buy anything that she sells.  I just wanted to get that off my chest.  I wonder if anyone else feels the same way I do.

@Puppy Lips, there are many reasons, depending upon the nature of the case. Often it's their counsel that talks them into it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland