Honored Contributor

May be a doodle

Honored Contributor

May be an illustration of deer

Honored Contributor
Icon image
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1  I've been worried about your sister and am so glad you did the research! It's so hard to see a loved one suffer with pain. Perhaps her Dr can suggest something to help until she has an appointment with the neurologist. 
   I have friends who've had sciatica and they say it's very painful. I'm keeping your sister in my prayers.

🙏🏼 👨🏻‍⚕️ 💙 

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink  Riverlynn is adorable and you are so lucky to have her nearby so you can watch her grow. 
  My great grandchildren are in Texas and South Dakota. I only see pictures and haven't even seen one of them. There's another baby girl on the way for my grandson in Texas. I wish they were closer. 
  My cousin lost her cat several months ago and kept saying how much she missed her. She started looking in shelters and found a beautiful 3 year old female. It was love at first sight. She just got her last weekend and says she s okay with everything except ceiling fans. She has long grey and white fur and yellow eyes. My cousin  said her fur is super soft. She named her Addie.
   She wanted an older cat in case she didn't survive the cat. She only has nephews as family. I'm about 6 years older than she but told her if I don't have a dog who hates cats (Snickers doesn't understand them) I will take her if needed or see that she has a good home. Pets are family! 
    👶 💛 🐈 🩶 🐶🤎

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@hullie wrote:

I think I forgot to mention that after my last test results my oncologist scheduled surgery in Omaha to take my port out! I have to set up a hotel room there the night before and Sarah is planning on coming back to town to help me as I'm not permitted to drive after. I'll pay for her gas of course, I hope it all works out. June 14, 15. I'm very happy to have it gone. I am finally getting used to it, so funny. I still would like it gone as I will feel more normal.

@hullie 

That's excellent news. Heart 

I told my chemo doc yesterday that I went to work Friday night in an unusually good mood but then I hit a brick wall at 4 AM.  I suddenly became very aware of this "thing" in my chest.

I hadn't had an issue with the port but suddenly I felt like John Hurt in Alien.

There's something in my chest!  Aaaarrrgggghhh!

So strange. Woman LOL

@just bee 

Very interesting, I hope your port has settled down. I know what you mean. I have felt like it wanted to pop out it throbbed so much. For a long time I could not stand to look at it protruding. I know the girls in the office say some of their patients leave the port in during much of the screening periods that are scheduled but there are ones like me too that after a few screenings Dr. T will "grant" removal. I hope you are feeling better! 

Trusted Contributor

@AnikaBrodie 

Prayers to you and your family. I hope you find some comfort in that Betty is free from horrible Alzheimer's. Condolences on your loss and a big hug to you! 

Trusted Contributor

@1Snickers 

Your cold is certainly hanging on, it's probably good you have stayed home during the bad weather and rested. Yes, Sarah is a blessing. Before she left for Kansas she was chatting with me about when they put the port in. During recovery from surgery she said I was disappointed that they only had Pepsi as I like diet Coke, I told her to just ask for a sprite for me in recovery this time, I didn't remember any of it.

I have one of those things in my trunk to put air in a tire too. I have to recharge it periodically. Good thing you had gotten your son one!  I should look for one for Sarah now that she is living away from all her family. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 

I hope your sister gets relief soon, you certainly take good care of her. Those salads sound like a good idea.  I did grocery shopping today at Sam's and got one of their big bags of romaine, I wash a little at a time and it keeps pretty good in the frig. I have some homemade croutons that I make and freeze in little containers. When I'm not in a hurry I like to add fresh grated cheddar, diced onion, sliced carrots and pop in some of those cherry tomatoes (got a container of those too ). Let us know how things go with your sister and take care of yourself too. Things are warming up here now so I expect you are getting hot temps too. Stay cool and take care of all your fur babies!

Trusted Contributor

@possummink 

What a sweetie pie Riverlynn is! I can just picture her grabbing and squeezing, just a bundle of energy as she is growing. It has been quite awhile since I have been around a baby. Thanks for sharing!

I have been enjoying my lake, so grateful I have gained my strength back(flabby muscles from 8 months of sitting around) but I am giving them a workout paddling around on the lake. After all the sun and exertion I just sit in the shade on my deck with a cool drink and watch the water, various birds and fish of all sizes that I can see in the clear water near the shore. I can tell it's getting hotter as this was the first day I had to run back to my patio for my flip flops as the sand was burning the bottom of my feet. Previously the sand felt good on my bare feet. I imagine it is really hot at your place too, take care with your mowing. I hope you have a place to sit and relax and watch all the critters that you feed. I'm sure with summer, your family that is so close and taking care of your kitties and the feeders that you keep busy. Take care!