Honored Contributor

My nephew has a 5 year old daughter who made her Christmas list and wanted 3 very specific things.  She's wanted those things for a while now.   Her parents work hard but they pretty much live paycheck to paycheck and they started Christmas shopping Friday.  They hit all the  stores and couldn't find their little girl's toys.  They found similar things but not the exact things.  Target told them one thing has been sold out since Black Friday.  So, he's telling me this story and I assured him that all three things would be available via Amazon, of course he was doubtful.  Then he thought he'd have to pay more than the stores would have charged for the same things.  So, a few key strokes and we found all three items.  Same price as the stores would have sold them, I think one was a few dollars less.  That was Sunday.  The box arrived today.  It was Prime so no shipping charges.  Honestly, I don't know why people still do the mall or brich&mortar store thing when it's so easy and painless to go Amazon to buy what you want to buy.  He'll be so happy and relieved to know that those gifts are safely here in my closet.  He was kicking his sellf around for not being able to toy shop earlier.  But....  Rent and electricy bills had to come first.

Respected Contributor

I lIke Amazon Prime, but their prices are no longer competitive on many things. Often I find better prices at other etailers or brick and mortar stores.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I lIke Amazon Prime, but their prices are no longer competitive on many things. Often I find better prices at other etailers or brick and mortar stores.

True but when you factor in your time and your gas and the running from store to store; it's not worth the $3.00 price difference.  

Respected Contributor

I would agree but for the things I buy it's more like $10 or $15.

Esteemed Contributor

I too LOVE Amazon Prime.  Decided today to buy something special for grandaughter  Ordered around noon and it will be here tomorrow!!!!  Can't beat that for service and the price was lower than store.

Honored Contributor

I ordered toys for my granddaughters.  Not only paid less, but got free shipping and the gift wrapping was only $3 more/gift.  Includes a gift card. Works for me!