Regular Contributor

I wasn't sure what forum to post this on......i just have kind of a "gilrlie " question. 

I have been divorced for 10 years.  Pretty content with my life....when  I meet this guy....is 71 too old to fall in love?   Am i being a fool? 

Anyone know anyone who was in this same position ?

Honored Contributor

Happily, love has no maximum age limit.  Of course you're not being foolish.  Go for it!  ♥️♥️♥️

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Bettyanne wrote:

I wasn't sure what forum to post this on......i just have kind of a "gilrlie " question. 

I have been divorced for 10 years.  Pretty content with my love....when  I meet this guy....is 71 too old to fall in love?   Am i being a fool? 

Anyone know anyone who was in this same position ?

@Bettyanne  .. you are never too old.  

Honored Contributor

We got married 5 years ago, I was 70 and hubby 71.  So no, love has no age limit.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

At this age it is more complex with families.  Expections can be different too.  Go for it, just keep your eyes open.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love at 71??

[ Edited ]

I have a family member whose wife passed away from Alzheimer’s.  Several years later he met someone at the retirement home where he lived.  He married her when he was 85 (she was in her 70’s).  They were happily married until his death at 99. 

Esteemed Contributor

Of course love has no expiration date. My mother-in-law, who was widowed in her 60s, met a wonderful man who treated her like a queen. They were very happy together. We were all thrilled that she had found love again.

Honored Contributor

@Bettyanne wrote:

I have been divorced for 10 years.  Pretty content with my love....when  I meet this guy....is 71 too old to fall in love?   Am i being a fool? 

Anyone know anyone who was in this sameh position ?

Only you know if this is right for you and if you can have a future with him. Others can only speculate. Being happy is most important. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Love at 71??

[ Edited ]

Two years ago in July, I attended the big Catholic of my cousin who was in her 70's and a widow.  Her ceremony was beautiful and she had a wonderful reception at a local hotel. 

Every one was so happy for her and she looked radiant. She wore a dress, and carried a small bouquet...no gown and veil.

As long as we are alive, we are capable of giving and receiving love.  You are not being foolish.

Why should your age hold you back?

Esteemed Contributor

@Bettyanne   We are all deserving of happiness.