Honored Contributor

Retired live close to family. This evening is like most nights relaxing and enjoying my home and dogs, who are in every sense of the word family.

I am so grateful for everything I have survived. I am so grateful to be single not in a relationship for over 7 years, never was good at it, lord knows had my chance.

Listening to one of my favorites: Barbra Streisand- Relate to her on many levels.

We have the same eye shape. My Russian Grandfather looks so much like her Father, It's a tribe connection. So here I'm sitting outside enjoying solitude and music with delightful dinner and wine, my heart is filled with gratitude.

My prayer for you, is love, plenty of love, be it family, pets, friends, community.

Valued Contributor

I love hearing that. Im glad you enjoyed your night. I got a bottle and was gonna make some dinner. Couldnt find my wine opener and spend an hour trying to find other ways. Sigh. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity @Nice when someone is happy with their life and it is just the simple things that make them realize how sweet it is.

Respected Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

I love hearing that. Im glad you enjoyed your night. I got a bottle and was gonna make some dinner. Couldnt find my wine opener and spend an hour trying to find other ways. Sigh. 

@mintedrose , when desperate, pound the cork INTO the bottle! Smiley Very Happy

Muddling through...
Valued Contributor

@sabatini  I tried all of that, the screw, hammer, knife, key, fork, my cork is now breaking off lol. Now i have a headache so just ordered in. 

I had some nice french music going, cheese, grapes and crackers ready to go. Oh well. Next time.

Life is good when its simple. Smiley Happy 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

You've gotta love a glass of wine with bits of cork floating in it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  I admire your contentment.  It's a lovely post.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's so nice hear from someone who is happy with the life she made for herself.  You should congratulate yourself because happiness and contentment doesn't just "happen".  It's not a matter of luck.  You made the right decisions and took the right road that led you to your current state of happiness. 

Honored Contributor

How lovely, @Sweet_Serenity 

It made me happy just reading about your happiness.  I can relate to much of what you wrote.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Atta Girl!!!  Woman Very Happy