Honored Contributor

Lots of people at church this Christmas Morning.

Our church has 2 services on Christmas eve evening then one on Christmas morning. My DH ushered this AM so we did not go last night as we normally would , and went this morning instead. We really did not expect anyone to be there but were very surprised to see about 50 people. A good turnout for our small town on Christmas morning.

Regular Contributor

Nice to hear that there was a good turnout at the service...

Nice to hear that there was a good turnout at the services this morning. You mentioned your DH ushers... that reminds me of my father. He ushered at our church just about every Sunday. He has been gone for several years now and just reading your post about ushering made me think of my father and smile. 

Have a Merry Christmas and wish your DH the same.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nice to hear that there was a good turnout at the service...

@fleetwood We used to have a cadillac - and when we bought it they gave us a set of Tervis tumblers with the cadillac logo on them. The car is gone now - replaced by a Buick Enclave but I still have the glasses with your avitar logo on them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lots of people at church this Christmas Morning.

Good turnout is glad tidings!  Nice to hear that about your church. We went to the 9:00 service last night, which was a candlelight one, because our son was one of 5 or 6 teenagers who were doing Bible readings during the service.  Love to see these young people, whatever their individual struggles may be, participating on one of the most significant nights in Christendom...

Honored Contributor

Our church has multiple services on Christmas. They are always standing room only. So this year we watched  the service from Rome on TV.

St Peters is the largest church in the world, and there were still people outside watching on large TVs.

It's good to know people of good will still take time to remember whose birthday ,it  really is

Honored Contributor

Our Christmas Eve services are always standing room only but generally the Christmas morning one is only a few people however, today was different. I think because it is Sunday and Christmas. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We go to a rural church and had about 45 last night and 35 this morning.  Came home to the boards to see that moderation is non existent so filthy posts were all over.  It's kind of ironic that QVC allowed that, but if I talked about worshipping the Baby Jesus, they would poof me.

Respected Contributor

So far no "poof" of the reference to the Christ Child. We had 2 services last night and one this morning at 9 AM at our church also. DH and I went to the one this morning and there were a good 60 worshipers. Love the Christma carols we all sang. I wore my new green dress. After breakfast, DH and I opened gifts from our children and family. Such fun even at age 82. Merry Christmas everyone.

GrnLthrDress2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You look amazing for 82!  Love your dress!  ***

Merry Christmas.

***CORRECTION  You look amazing for any age!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
We went to the 12:30 p.m. mass. The church was full, the service was beautiful, dedicated to the birth of our Lord, and God's love for His children. There was a gifted vocalist who sang songs which included Silent Night. There was a second collection for the poor of the parish. As an aside, there was a special attendee, a service dog in training, who is learning how to take his future person to church!
Do the math.