Respected Contributor

Learned this morning a dear friend passed early this morning.  She and I met at a greyhound meet about 4 or 5 years ago .  She fostered over 30 greyhounds in her life and had many greyhounds of her own.  She and her husband also fostered over 100 kids over the years.  There should be more people like her in the world.  Another greyhound owner agreed to take her two greyhounds before she went in the nursing home and she took them up to see my friend yesterday at the nursing home - they sat outside and she got to see her beautiful babies run around for the last time and to tell them goodbye. 

I just know she is sitting under a tree up in heaven with all of her hounds and her late husband getting reaquainted.   All of her friends are meeting at Petsmart tomorrow with our greyhounds in her honor.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Lost a dear friend today...

@hoosieroriginal - I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, but I think it's wonderful what you're all doing to honor her memory.  And I'm glad her greyhounds were taken to see her before she passed.  Our animals feel the loss, too.

I'm sure you're right - she's reunited with all of her loved ones.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  I extend deep and sincere condolences.  I know from experience that losing a loved friend creates a permanent hole in your universe.  The only advice I can offer is to stay open to the possibility of 'hearing' from her again.  My friend pops up in unexpected ways and places on occasion -- it's just like her.   Woman Happy

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Image result for  so sorry for your loss pics

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  Losing a close friend puts a hole in your heart.  It sounds like she was a wonderful woman and a good friend to you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I'm very sorry for your loss. 

Trusted Contributor

My sincerest condolences to you and also to her family.  God bless.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Regular Contributor

Heartfelt condolences to you and others she touched during her life.  She sounds like a wonderful person.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

I am so very sorry for your loss. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss but I'm happy that she is now at home, getting hugs from her hubby and lots of licks from her beautiful greys! I agree, the world would be a much better place if there were more people like your beautiful friend! God bless you all!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.