Honored Contributor

Re: Lost a dear friend today...

Sounds like a born nurturer... Heart

Deepest sympathies to you & all others she held dear to her heart.

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal ~ sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  You'll keep her in your thoughts, prayers and heart.  What a wonderful thing to have been able to visit her the day before her passing.  Bringing her loved greyhounds to see was sweet and thoughtful.  I bet you now have another angel by your side👼

@AKgirl2 - it was another greyhound friend that took her dogs to see her, not me.  I wish I could have been with her and shared her last hours telling her how much I appreciated her in my life. 

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your beautiful words about your dear friend made me cry.I

can only wish I could do all she has done in her lifetime. God Rest her soul.

@MalteseMomma - Thanks so much.  I'm sure God has a special place for her, she was a woman of faith and did such amazing things in her life.  She was very sharp right to the end.  She was a very brave woman who knew her days on earth were diminishing, but still stayed strong to the end. 

Respected Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  May God bless you and your friends's family during this time.  She was truly an angel on Earth and now is in Heaven to help care for loved ones and furbabies there.  My prayers to you, her family, and your friend for a peaceful passing.

My former principal passed away from cancer about seven years ago.   In addition to being in education, he had a farm.  He had gone home to die.  The day before he died, all of his cows on the farm cam down to the house and his open window.  His wife said that the cows had never been that close to the house and were not herded up.  The came on their own and it was so beautiful to watch them come to say goodbye.

@Pandalady - Animals are truly amazing, arent' they?  It was so hard for her to give her last two greyhounds to our friend, but it warmed her heart to see that they were doing well when we would take her dogs to the nursing home to see her.  When they told her she would never go home again, her first remarks were that she would really miss her dogs.  Her small greyhound slept with her every night and her family went and got a stuffed animal for her to have so she could go to sleep every night.  It broke my heart when she had to be put in a nursing home.  But she made the best of it and when we would take the dogs up, she made us take them door to door to visit the other patients. 

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

I am very sorry to hear you lost your friend. She also is a great loss to the animal word, especially the greyhound community. 

As you mentioned, if only the world were filled with her love of the animal world, along with the human children that needed a loving home. The friends meeting at Petsmart is a tribute to her legacy and the empty space left for all with her passing.

Condolences to all her loved ones and all that loved her, especially her greyhounds.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut - Thanks John.  Her dogs were so excited to get to go see their mama in the nursing home.  I'm sure they will know something is wrong when they don't go anymore.  But her friend that took them has two other greyhounds and they all are getting along so well.  She did so much to get greyhounds adopted - the organization will deeply miss her. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all who have responded.  My tears have worn me out today.  It is a loss I won't get over soon.  Earlene was such an amazing woman who left this world a better place. 

Respected Contributor

What loving hearts she and her husband had to share their home with those who needed care and comfort. They saved so many lives by being foster parents to many, many children and animals. I am so sad for your loss. I am sure she will be dearly missed by all but welcomed by her husband and the greyhounds who had already passed and were there to greet her.

Valued Contributor

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss.

She sounds like a wonderful person and I am teary at her last goodbye to her beloved dogs.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal ~ sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  You'll keep her in your thoughts, prayers and heart.  What a wonderful thing to have been able to visit her the day before her passing.  Bringing her loved greyhounds to see was sweet and thoughtful.  I bet you now have another angel by your side👼

@AKgirl2 - it was another greyhound friend that took her dogs to see her, not me.  I wish I could have been with her and shared her last hours telling her how much I appreciated her in my life. 

My apologies for not reading your story correctly.  It was a sweet tribute for you to have her remembered by posting here.  I'm sure she knows how much she was appreciated by you and others, especially now🌹

Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal what a wonderful tribute it will be, that is so nice.

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Prayers and special thoughts for wonderful memories, to her family and you.