Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for white permanent marker for clothing

Thanks everyone for your help, especially, @x Hedge  and @riley1 . 

Some of you said to just google what I'm looking for, which, of course, I had already done. What was coming up were oil-based, paint markers. I am not familiar with these, only the regular type, so I came on here to find out more. Also, I was only finding fine-tipped ones, and I want a broader tip. I did come across Sharpie metallic markers, but according to the manufacturer in the Q & A section on the procuct, those weren't recommended for my use. I'm going to look into the labels that @riley1 mentioned and talk to the facility as @x Hedge suggested. Again, thanks.

Honored Contributor

My sister uses a gray/silver sharpie on her dark clothes.

Honored Contributor

I would try the fine point silver sharpie and just make the writing bigger. I know the sharpee will last through many washings. If you can find the printed labels that’s great but they can be taken off so writing directly on the clothing is probably best considering where your sister will be.
Esteemed Contributor

@qualityshopper   if you go with the pre printed labels that are "iron on", add a couple of stitches to each one anyhow. 

After a while you'll find the edges of the iron on nametags starting to curl and lift away from the fabric.