Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for the Pot o' Gold at the Back Fence - March 2019

I received my bench today.  There is something called a hinge knuckle on each leg.  The hinge knuckle on the left leg of the bench was broken.  I called the 1-800 number for Premiere Products and the young lady that spoke with me was a real pleasure.  They are sending out a replacement left leg to me tomorrow.

Just putting that out there - should you encounter something funky with your bench, call the 1-800 number on the insert that advertises the cushions.  Oh yea, the instructions for assembly are on the reverse side of the cushion/pillow advertisement.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

It"s warmer here today,23 degrees.Hope we keep swinging up.Sadie continues to do well.It sure is something the way they can get around using only 3 legs.Have a good week-end everyone.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that Sadie is doing better @hellie jo 

Animals humble me.  Not only do I think they are gifts from God, they have a fortitude about them that I don't see in very many humans.

I feel the birds year round and last summer I noticed a male sparrow outside that was limping on a curled over little claw on his right leg.  He was feral and catching him to see what was going on was out of the question. 

He ended up losing the foot and has functioned with one leg/foot intact and the other leg that ends in a stump. He found a mate, raised some young ones, managed to stay alive through the winter and ate well on my patio this morning.

When it was so cold and we had snow and I didn't want to go outside to shovel, I thought about that little male sparrow and told myself, for heaven's sake, you have both feet and will be wearing boots! 

Respected Contributor

Well people, still not going to be able to sit outside by the Fence and chat nor can we be comfy enough to snack out there. And to think I have a lot of those delicious cinnamon raisin bagels that are soooooooooo good. Well they are not going to waste. LOL.

Continue to think about the great people who started some of these threads and have been gone such a long time. I guess that is a clue as to how long I have been on these boards. Some of the best. I know I have occasionally mentioned we use to travel and get to know each other  when possible. I did it a couple times each year and most times when we went somewhere there were others there to meet and greet also - quite the days and always fun and interesting!! I usually always took Tessa with me - she came to live with me when she was 5 so we did some traveling. 

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't have much going on today.  I had a craving for a Burger King cheeseburger and some onion rings so I popped into the local BK and hit up the value menu. 

The wind is picking up so I just checked the weather.

I guess around 8pm, freezing rain and sleet will start.  Then we are going to get heavy rain and thunder overnight.  Temps will get up into the 50's before the crack o' dawn and once daylight hits, the temps will drop and winds will pick up to 45 MPH and we'll get some flurries.

Good grief, tomorrow is the St Patrick's Day parade downtown.  I feel for those people.

Respected Contributor

Keep your fingers crossed that this is true!! Warming up to AT :LEAST 70 later this week. Boy howdy, that will be heavenly. Had enough of this cold AND wet stuff.

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hey Freddie @Winifred   Is it this week that you are going in for your procedure?

Respected Contributor

Yep, it is tomorrow. I am not real sure why but this time I am dreading it - have such a sense of foreboding. Must be a message to me in some manner. Am sure everything will be OK. but something about sticking a hole in the lung to get a biopsy, just kind of rattles me. My MD has a warped sense of humor when he told me "things usually go just fine." The lung can collapse but he also said  there were two pulmonary MDs assisting - "just in case in happens but that should be no worry. 

Have had four other procedures for them to try and get a biopsy but they were all with a fragile wire down the throat. Would not work in my case. Sigh. This procedure however they did tell me means I will be in recovery at least three hours, not the usual one. Darn it.

Then on Wednesday I must take a little great great grand to his MD  who has moved. She was here but moved to Loma Linda. Why can they not just leave things alone. Grrrr.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  I am praying for you that nothing goes sideways and that you tolerate the poking and proding without any incidents. 

Because they are poking and prodding in a lung, I don't know how good of an idea it is to be running around taking a kid to the doctor a day after.

Tessa needs to figure it out and Shannon needs to grow up.  Who is going with you tomorrow? 

Respected Contributor

@Winifred   I am adding my prayers for you tomorrow.Take care.