Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for the Pot o' Gold at the Back Fence - March 2019

Here we are another new month.  Can you believe that at the end of the month I will be retired one year?  Whoo, time flies even when I am not caught up in the day to day of working full time.

It was bright and sunny for most of the day.  I think there's a chance of snow tomorrow.  

I followed up with the Q this morning about the convert a bench that I ordered last week.  I was more concerned that my order fell into some void because it was still 'in process'.  The Q followed up with me later and left me a voicemail.  I thought I recognized the 1-800 on my cell phone but I wasn't sure enough to take the call Woman Happy  I think the bench will arrive next week some time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Have a great week-end everyone.Let"s hope warmer weather arrives with spring.My youngest son:s birthday is the first day of spring.Our dog Sadie is feeling better now that she is on an anti-inflammatory/pain med for her torn ACL on left hind knee.That makes me feel better.You know how us mamas are.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo   did I miss you saying Sadie hurt her knee?  I'm glad she's on medication that's helping her.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  This is the first time I posted about Sadie"s ACL on this thread,so you did not miss it.I thought I had posted it here ,but I am confused sometimes LOL

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo  Thank you, I thought I might be losing it............again  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Hellie, glad to see Sadie is getting well. They are such strong critters aren't they?

Well people I have been really looking for that pot o' gold in between all of the cold rain but so far have not found it.

Hope all had a great day

Honored Contributor

I went to a small family gathering to celebrate eldest great niece's 8th birthday yesterday.  Time is flying by at warp speed, I tell ya.

Middle great niece is feeling better.  Her mother (my youngest niece) is still going to schedule the kidney ultrasound that the doctor asked for even though GN is no longer complaining of tummy/flank pain.  

That kid is something else.  Her mother swears up and down that when middle GN's little friends come over to play, they have a great time and get along.

When we get together as a family and all of the GNs are together (there are 3 - 8, 7 1/2 and 3 1/2), it's not a party until middle GN starts crying and whining Woman LOL  She's got a mean streak, she practices divide and conquer to get attention and that kid lies like a rug.

She knew yesterday that she was supposed to cool it and not act wild and run around like a maniac.  Eldest great niece has one of those tent things on her bed

Dream Tents Winter Wonderland Play Tent

Middle GN decided to jump into the tent and she banged her head on the headboard.  She was screaming and crying after that.

After she was told by her mother to sit down, put the ice pack on her forehead and not move, she looks at me and says it was eldest great niece's fault that she hurt her head.  She said eldest great niece did this too her and she shouldn't be punished.

I don't engage in baby talk with kids - never had, not starting now Woman Very Happy

I sat in the living room and calmly said, you were told not to go rippin and runnin through this house after being so sick this week.  You need to accept responsibility for your actions.  Your cousin wasn't even in the same room (she really wasn't) when you decided to wild out and crack your head on the headboard.  Sit quietly and think about that.

I have to say, by then we'd eaten, had cake and eldest great niece opened presents.  That's my code for ..... it was time to go.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Sometimes the young ones - or some of the young ones, can be a challenge Bernie. Interesting how some have such strong personalities - strong not always good but most of the time it is.

I went to a first BD party yesterday - no family member. It was so very cold and windy I thought I would die. After about 3 hours I excused myself and came home. Still hoping I do not get sick from that. It was way too cold for anyone outside yesterday. And some - not all - of those toddlers had nothing over their legs, nothing on their arms and had lit weight tops - you would have thought it was 100 degrees out there. To me that is exceptionally stupid. Yep, needed to come home - never saw one gift opened.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's stupid to have an outside birthday party when it's cold.  I hope you don't get sick from being in the elements Freddie.  Thin as you are, you don't need to be out there in the cold like that.  

Re: middle GN.  I can't stand the whining and the crocodile tears.  She turns it on and off like a faucet and that sends me up one wall and down the other.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Since I've been retired nearly a year now I went through my clothing and found 24 items to donate and/or toss and did that yesterday.

I also discovered that I must have seriously splashed some water out of the jack and jill sink (my side, the jill side) when I was wetting my hair in the sink on Sunday to put some hair product in it before the birthday party.  I forgot to check to for water outside of the vanity and I discovered yesterday that the MDF wood was missing a tiny piece of caulk in the corner where the side meets the front.  Well, I did a number on the cabinet and the particle board absorbed the water, swelled and it now looking bad.

I've googled how to fix this until I can decide what I want to do and started the process.

Sigh - the darn double sink vanity (jack and jill sink) is a custom size and shelling out boo coo bucks for a new one was not on my radar.

I've been googling ideas and think when the time comes, I'll remove that set up, get 2 pedestal sinks and stick some storage in the middle.

I do dumb things some time, I really do Woman Frustrated