Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a new car next year

[ Edited ]

@Teacups wrote:

wonder if it is better to lease or buy when you are older.

any thoughts??

@Teacups  Set up a   spreadsheet and see the $$ value of a purchase vs a lease. If the monthly lease is really low-  with minimal down- that could make leasing over the terms of your contract a better financial decision for you.

I don't lease since I put too many miles on my cars. My current Subaru Forester is 6 mos old and I'm nearing 12,000 already! I work full time, but I take lot of road trips too. Woman Happy

Also, I prefer owning something after the payments are done. I traded in my prior Subaru Forester (over 80,000 miles)- and that was  $10,000 off the price of my 2018 model!

Valued Contributor

Thanks Linda for the reply....it is hard to figure out sometimes.  I am sure more safety feasures will come out in the next couple of years.

Valued Contributor

thanks Ibb!!  So nice of you to reply

Esteemed Contributor

@hondagirl  My friend just bought a Subaru Forester after driving a Honda for many years.  She had a little tiff with a deer and the car lost.  She wanted a safe car that was roomy enough for her daughter's two dogs.  She says that the Forester sits up a little higher than her Honda, that she has more window space, and something about lights on her backup mirrors.  She also has much more space for the dogs.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Ford Escape and Ford Edge are both really nice.....the Edge has more bells and whistles.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl wrote:

@hondagirl  My friend just bought a Subaru Forester after driving a Honda for many years.  She had a little tiff with a deer and the car lost.  She wanted a safe car that was roomy enough for her daughter's two dogs.  She says that the Forester sits up a little higher than her Honda, that she has more window space, and something about lights on her backup mirrors.  She also has much more space for the dogs.

@SXMGirl  @hondagirl  My son had a 'tiff'' with a pickup truck with my first Forester Woman Frustrated the front of my car was an accordian and he walked away with one foot slightly aching. Turned out a small bone was fractured,  It was so minor, it wasn't even apparant until weeks later!

That sold me on Subarus- their safety record is ++++. !! Woman Happy