Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for a new car next year

CRV is the most popular one in the country right now.  I am buying a touring...can't wait

Esteemed Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

I now lease a Chevy Trax - small suv - but I am not going to keep it.,  Looking for something just a little bigger (for me) and if anyone has ideas I welcome your input.  My three choices are - Outback Suburu, Honda CRV, or Toyota - forgot the name... I have just so much money to spend and still thnking of leasing again or buying...My lease will be up next July but I am looking at all the pros and cons of several cars...Still need to drive them and see what kind of deals I can get... Want to be prepared.,...

Hi @hondagirl ..... I can't make any comments on the Outback Suburu, Honda CRV, or Toyota.  My DH had a Honda CRV for many years.  He now has a Chevy Equinox.  He likes the Equinox much better.  I currently own a 2010 Chevy Malibu and am thinking of purchasing a new car within the next year or so.  I am considering another Malibu or a Trax.  What are your thoughts about the Trax??  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Honda CRV EX-L.  I got rid of my Hyundai Santa Fe which was a little roomier but not nearly as nice. Plus, Hyundai is supposed to be so great but the one I had was a lemon. It was constantly in the shop. The final straw was when the transmission went nuts while I was driving it. I was terrified!!! I managed to coast to the side of the road. Thank goodness there weren't other vehicles/drivers that could have been hurt when that Santa Fe went kaput. The transmission is guaranteed for one hundred thousand miles but mine broke down at about thirty-five thousand. I called the Hyundai dealership and said come and get me and get this dangerous SUV off the road. I later insisted that they give full disclosure when they resold it. The Carfax reports aren't as reliable as you might think.

Regular Contributor

My husband and I have leased our cars for years. Love getting a new car every 3 years! We’ve had everything from a Honda Odessey to a Chevy Malibu. We just leased a 2019 Lincoln MKC and we LOVE it!!! I wish we hadn’t waited so long to try a Lincoln. The quality exceeds every car we’ve had. Check it out!

Contributor

Good idea to check them out.  I just got a consumer reports book that covers jusat cars also

Trusted Contributor

@hondagirlI own a Honda CRV and love it.  This is actually my second one I lease them.

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Just wanted to say I’m on my second Trax, and I love it. Thinking of buying it when this lease is up.  Great size for me...small enough to park easily, but large enough to stow stuff in...and I don’t feel like I’m in something too small.  Good gas mileage, and handles well in winter.  

Valued Contributor

wonder if it is better to lease or buy when you are older.

any thoughts??

Regular Contributor

I look at it this way: If your lease payment is no more than a car payment would be and you don’t put any money down or minimal down then I think it’s a good deal. We’ve leased for years and I’m 65 and my husband was 70. So, I don’t think age is a factor. All you’re responsible for is regular maintenance and every 3 years you get a new vehicle that has all the latest in safety and innovations. 

Respected Contributor

We have a 2016 Outback, our first Subaru and love it.  We've had Hondas, Toyota and just about every domestic brand out there and the Subaru is our favorite of them all.  When it's time for a new car, it'll be another Subaru for us!