Super Contributor

Looking for a new car next year

I now lease a Chevy Trax - small suv - but I am not going to keep it.,  Looking for something just a little bigger (for me) and if anyone has ideas I welcome your input.  My three choices are - Outback Suburu, Honda CRV, or Toyota - forgot the name... I have just so much money to spend and still thnking of leasing again or buying...My lease will be up next July but I am looking at all the pros and cons of several cars...Still need to drive them and see what kind of deals I can get... Want to be prepared.,...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a new car next year

Good luck!  We had Hondas most of our driving life.  Also had an Acura which was the best car I've ever driven.  Fortunately, now live in a city where a car is unnecessary, thank goodness!

Trusted Contributor

Good luck with your research and finding a new SUV that you'll enjoy, @hondagirl. You already have some great picks to compare. I just went through this last year, and so, for your consideration... have you checked out the Nissan line? I decided on the Rogue, which has been very dependable with good gas mileage. Just the right size for me, though you may like the larger Pathfinder better for your needs. 

I understand that like Subaru and Toyota, Nissans tend to hold their value for trade-in or selling later. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

I now lease a Chevy Trax - small suv - but I am not going to keep it.,  Looking for something just a little bigger (for me) and if anyone has ideas I welcome your input.  My three choices are - Outback Suburu, Honda CRV, or Toyota - forgot the name... I have just so much money to spend and still thnking of leasing again or buying...My lease will be up next July but I am looking at all the pros and cons of several cars...Still need to drive them and see what kind of deals I can get... Want to be prepared.,...

@hondagirl  I have a Subaru Forester- which is the size of the Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4. The Subaru Outback is more like a wagon style vehicke, You get so much bang for the buck with Subaru's - this is my 3rd one!  Good luck shopping!

Trusted Contributor

Having leased for personal and company vehicles, check with the leasing company to see if you can turn in the vehicle early, without penalty.  I stick with Ford on everything, and there are usually deals the dealerships know about - I turned in my car last month (about six months) early to lease a larger SUV with no penalty.

Esteemed Contributor

This is so funny.  All three of these brand's smaller SUV's are presently in our family and going strong.  No complaints.

Respected Contributor

I have a Honda CRV that is now 16 years old.  No major repairs - just normal wear and tear replacements (brakes, battery) over the years.  It has served me well. 

Respected Contributor

I love my Subie Outback. Now I drive a 2018and my last car was same 2012 Outback. They last forever, hold the road great in bad weather, reasonably priced, and I think it’s sporty looking. Cannot go wrong!  I had a Honda long time ago and it was all over the road when it snowed, just my experience- 

Frequent Contributor

I have owned several makes of cars, but since moving to Maine I went with SUVs with AWD.  I bought a 2018 Honda CRV in October and simply love it. It is the EX model; the middle one.  It has so many features, especially the safety features of lane departure and collision mitigation.  I had a 2008 Jeep Compass which was beginning to have repairs due to the salt and rust problems in Maine.  The CRV gets much better gas mileage and maintenance is every 6000 miles which I am no where close to, but the dealer did say at least once a year.  My first Honda and I believe I will stay with the line.

Trusted Contributor

BIL & SIL have the Suburu Outback and love it.  Our family drives Hondas - USA built vechicles with no complaints.  We have one which is 14 years old with close to 300K miles and still going strong.

I had a Nissan Rogue as a rental and was really impressed with that vehicle as well.