Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for Shade at the Back Fence - August 2019

@Bird mama   You aren't kidding, I pay a fortune to the power company, and hardly use any electricity and gas.

Honored Contributor

Can anyone add acoustic tiles to 'quiet' the sound in his office @mousiegirl ?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@hellie jo   Sending positive vibes for your son's situation to resolve.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Can anyone add acoustic tiles to 'quiet' the sound in his office @mousiegirl ?

@Bird mama   When the contractor, in 2013, was putting in the new ceiling, he asked me about sound proofing but I didn't see the need so refused it.  The noise would come up the stairs into the house, and his voice would be louder than the phones.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama I was sorry to read about your eldest niece and her cellulitis! The antibiotic should clear up the infection. Sometimes you have a small cut and then the bacteria gets in and causes the cellulitis. If she has blood clots on top of the cellulitis, she will need a blood thinner. I hope it's "just" the cellulitis infection and not blood clots. My Mom has had both at various times through the years and now her doctor treats cellulitis with oral antibiotic pills (Doxycycline) and she doesn't have to go to the hospital for cellulitis anymore; she is better in seven days with those pills. Hope this is helpful, EEL

Honored Contributor

The vancomycin seems to be working on my niece.  You know, most people know that even with IV antibiotics, it takes a good 24 hour period for them to really affect a change in the human body.  I told my niece yesterday, they put you on the vancomycin Saturday afternoon.  Mark my words, by tomorrow morning (today) things are really gonna start improving.

She was discharged this afternoon around 4pm.  Jesus, they discharge people late these days.  I remember when they'd throw you out by 10 am.  I didn't bug her after I knew she was discharged.  She needs to get settled in and rest.  An infectious disease doctor came in and explained everything to her this morning, including the possibility of recurrence.

I'll get the details tomorrow (probably).  As long as she'd been educated on it, I'll try not to pepper her with too many questions.

On top of my niece being hospitalized.  One of my second cousins called her yesterday on the cell phone (didn't know she was in hospital) to let niece know that second cousins father (this would be my late cousin Debbie's husband) was found dead in his house.  They don't know how many days he was gone (like a couple or few).

Boy, I'm a PITA with my sister.  We usually talk at length 5 days a week and I touch base with her quickly on weekends.  

Trusted Contributor

Seems like has been nothing but run to doc.  Merle had stomach pains two weekends ago and finally got him in to the dr. Or rather pa.  She diagnosed him with GERD.   He is so poor about telling them what is going on.  Anyway she told  him if he didn't get better over the weekend call in. He didn't so we saw the dr on the 22nd. He said judging by where it hurts when I move it I'd say you have a peptic ulcer. Drew blood and changed pills.  Blood work showed a kidney s little dry and liver count was just a little off.  Take pills for two weeks and if not better will do a scan.  

He seems to to be somewhat better. He doesn't like taking pill on empty tummy cause his mom never allowed that.  He's always been able to eat anything and as much as he wanted so trying to figure out what is good is troublesome. He told me he only ate one Twinkie in his truck yesterday.  

Got my mammogram went yo oncology appt. everything s plus.  I backed out of my garage and hit the door opener but it was the roof opener instead.  Got the door closed but couldn't remember how to get roof closed. Running late by now so thought I'll figure it out later. Made it to dr office only to find out they had moved.  Called on Phone and said I was never told you moved where are you and how do I get there.  She said oh ImSorry. Go to entry you came in and turn east. No. I don't do east and west. Give me right or left.  They were on same campus but clear on other side. This woman stayed on phone and gave me landmarks. Guess maybe she could tell I was a tad upset. She told me she would call offuce and tell them I'd be late.

When i I got parked I decided since I was already late I'd figure out the roof.  Pushed two buttons and there they went. I swear I pushed those before and didn't work. Big breath went in and yelled at them for not telling me they  moved. I thought boy I hope they don't take bp right away and they didn't 

So now we are waiting for tummy to get better.  I am babysitting my great tomorrow cause teachers have to go back for meetings. And kids don't start til next week. 

Honored Contributor

Hi Betty @yock   I'm a firm believer in getting a 'picture' with either an x-ray, ultrasound or CT scan when it comes to stomach pains and such.  Doctors always start with GERD in my experience and then go for the old ulcer as a second choice.  Best way to be sure is some kind of 'picture'.

Boy did you have an adventure.  When you first mentioned door opener and roof opener I thought you were talking about your garage Woman Very Happy  You must have one of them fancy cars.

It was rude they didn't tell you that the office moved.  

Trusted Contributor

The door opener was to the garage. The roof to The car. Yes I have a smart car and I'd rather have a dumb one.  Remote lovks on doors are a blessing but we never open the roof.  Then to see the picture on the darn button hurts my neck.  I blame it on the goofus who parks his truck at the bottom of our drive across the street. I'm paranoid about hitting it. He's started calling on the lady who lives there.  I thought he was a repair man at first. And I think he did some repairs over there. We never see her unless we happen to see her when she comes home. Never have talked with her.  She has two big dogs that go wild when we get in our car.  I'm surprised her curtains aren't shreds.  I assume they must walk them but we are usually in the back of the house.  A younger girl lived with her earlier and one of the other neighbors said she exercised the dogs. Might be her daughter.  Sometimes you just don't need to know. Lol. 

Respected Contributor

Have two questions Betty since I have known you for ages. Cars still RED? Still the Cadillac of cars>? They were beautiful cars. Funniest thing however is when we all were at Jody's and the Caddy you guys drove there had a TV in it. As I recall it was Tessa who got in there and got it up and running - or something like that. Ahhhh for the good old days. I miss those great times.

Come back soon - you are one of the originals lady