Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for Shade at the Back Fence - August 2019

So I got my water bill today for the period of 3/26 through 6/25.

I was sitting down when I opened the envelope, lol.  It wasn't as bad as I expected.  Of course, I did the big watering twice in July, after the rates went up so the next one could be worse.Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I really need to watch the local weather, lol.  I don't know if it's going to heat up this weekend or not.  That said, it's sure been nice to have open windows the last couple of days.  I cut the grass today.  It's been so dry,  I did the front and back yards and barely filled one paper lawn waste bag.  

Respected Contributor

I thank everyone for your prayers and caring.Will find out more on Wednesday when my son goes to see the surgeon.

The weather has been beautiful at my part of the fence.Love open windows.No rain in sight for the next few days.

Left some oatmeal and sugar cookies to nibble on.Also a cooler full of ice and a container of punch.

Trusted Contributor

hate to repeat myself but it’s going to be another hot,hot day.

got up early,we’ll,early for me and went to the farmers market. Came home W/3 big bags. Got some for my daughter who works Sundays. Everything looked so good and smelled delicious. Tonight I will have a salad W/ chicken,heirloom tomatoes,basil,thyme and a nice vinegarette. Bought a cooked chicken. Can’t get easier than that.

stay cool. I got fresh peaches,plums and necterrean for the fence to snack on

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received a text from my eldest niece last night around 8:15 pm.  She's in the hospital being treated for cellulitis on her leg Woman Surprised  She said that she noticed it on Monday morning.  Because she inherited something from her mother (my sister) that makes her prone to blood clotting disorders, she doesn't fool around when something looks weird.

She went to urgent care first on Friday.  They sent her to her primary doctor who ran some cultures and drew  a line on her leg and said, if the redness goes above this line, go to ER.  She went to ER on Friday, they kept her in observation and decided to admit her on Saturday when they felt the IV antibiotics that they originally had her on weren't working fast enough.

Her case has been reviewed by the infectious disease people and her antibiotic has been changed.

All I can say is that I didn't know much about cellulitis before her text and learned alot from various websites last night.  Because the cellulitis is in her ankle area her doctors are working to stop it as fast as possible before it invades the ankle joint Woman Surprised

And yes I did ask if they checked her for flesh eating disease.

Honestly!  When I was growing up the worst I needed to be concerned about because I was a tomboy was getting lock jaw.  On the outside, maybe rabies from an unfamiliar animal.

These days you gotta be concerned about the weird stuff like flesh eating disease.

I just texted her to find the best time to visit today.  Her husband and kids are there now.  Her mother and father in law are coming around 3 pm so after 4 pm will be best.

I like to pace the visitor comings and goings so she has someone there with her at some time during the most of the day.

Honored Contributor

We had a little bit of a break @Epicurean   The humidity rolled back in yesterday and I'm looking forward to the next cold front.  I mean geez, I bought that convert a bench and put it on my patio and would like to sit on it sometimes.  When it's hot and humid, I don't go out there.

A pre-cooked chicken is the way to go.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Sorry to hear about your niece.  I hope everything gets cleared up quickly.

I’m with you—it’s a weird and scary world out there today!  (Gosh, I guess I’m officially an old lady now that I’m starting to say things like that!😊)

Respected Contributor

Stay cool everyone!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Funny and true story....

My niece that is in the hospital has two children.  The eldest is 8 and the youngest will turn 4 this month.  They visited my niece in the hospital yesterday (with their father).  Hospital rooms still have corded phones that look like this

Related image

The kids pointed to the phone on the bedside table and asked their mother, what is that?  Woman LOL  When she told them it was a phone, their reaction was Woman Surprised Smiley Surprised Man Surprised 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   

I had a drywall taper come, a few months ago, as due to the draught of a few years ago, an enormous crack appeared in the stairwell.  He said he would call in a few days to let me know when his son would come.  A month went by, so I contacted him, he said the same.  Last week, I emailed and he said his son was out of town so he would come, which I preferred, and unbelievably, he showed up today, so is working now.  He will be back Wednesday, a nice guy.

This stairwell leads downstairs to the rec room, and I need to get a floor laid asap as DH is thinking of moving his office there from the city, will save us money and wear and tear on him, but I will go insane as I just realized that his office phone downstairs will ring all day, and he is a very loud talker.  I mentioned this to him yesterday, and he said he would talk less loud, LOL, told him he knew no other way to talk than loud. so though the issue of moving his office here was solid for a year now, now it is not.  I won't have any peace, and my coming downstairs for various reasons in a day, will distract him.