Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for QVCAddiction

@qvcaddition 

Wishing you and Melanie a very Merry Christmas.  I hope you both are enjoying the day.

Just went for a walk.  Warmer than I thought.  Supposed to be in the 70's for a few days then rain and cool again.   Will lift weights outside later.  If I have to move into an apt, I will miss that special time working out outside.

I am baking my zucchini muffins and will bring to the hospice later.  That's about it.  Watch football, but the games don't interest me much today. Maybe some basketball later, but I am not a big bb fan

And will do some laundry too.  

Thank  you for your wishes.   Just know I care and send my love to you and Mel today and every day.   Love and hugs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Black Cat Back 

@Black Cat Back wrote:

@qvcaddition 

Wishing you and Melanie a very Merry Christmas.  I hope you both are enjoying the day.

Just went for a walk.  Warmer than I thought.  Supposed to be in the 70's for a few days then rain and cool again.   Will lift weights outside later.  If I have to move into an apt, I will miss that special time working out outside.

I am baking my zucchini muffins and will bring to the hospice later.  That's about it.  Watch football, but the games don't interest me much today. Maybe some basketball later, but I am not a big bb fan

And will do some laundry too.  

Thank  you for your wishes.   Just know I care and send my love to you and Mel today and every day.   Love and hugs.

Sounds good and I bet the muffins are yummy.  They will enjoy them and it brings you joy.  When ever we give, we get the joy of giving.   Glad you are getting out.  We are lucky we don't have the bad weather  that a lot of people on here are having.

Merry Christmas.  Hugs and blessings.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope you had a pleasant Christmas handing out your muffins.

I had a wonderful Christmas.  Morning was busy, my one son that never visits came over for 15 min, can't leave his wife for long with the alzaheimers, their son watched her. 

I had a little gift for him, some scratchers.  Hoped he won some money, but didn't.   

I can't afford much and he knows it and was grateful.  We had a good talk in that amount of time.

Melanie seems to be doing better, but still going to get a vet appt.  Silver paws will usually pay for it, because of low income seniors.  Not anything major, just visit and blood work, but every thing helps.

Was watching TV last night and all of a sudden my right hand starting hurting, then went up my right arm.  Did not sleep all night.  Finally put salonpas on it and a brace and it helped a little. Good thing I am left handed, but hard getting dressed.

Motron helps a little.  I am typing with left hand.

Out of the blue it happen, just sitting there. 

There is no such thing as THE GOLDEN AGE.  We are suppose to get a lot of heavy rain tonight and the next couple of days.  I have to go to Pets Smart to get some  food for Mel before her deliveries come in at end of week, so he said he would drive me there.  He may be coming around. His life is tough because he has to do everything. Will not put her in a home.

So getting dressed is going to be a challenge.

I did get to watch the documentary on Yellowstone before it happen.  Kevin Costner was the moderator. It was so beautiful. Then I watched the Patriots awards. These are heroes.

It really was a pleasant day.  Walking Mel, I meet so many people to stop and talk. One little old man talked my arm and leg off.  He is 91 and had hand weights while he was walking.

Said he had to get out of the house with all the people in it.

I'm a talker, but he had me beat.  

Anyway, just checking with you and hope you found joy in your day.  

Valued Contributor

@qvcaddition ........ isn't that the true meaning of Christmas ? Your son, who never comes to visit, CAME to visit. I am so happy for you and him. It is great that Mel is going to the vet but you had better get yourself to a Dr. Have a great 2023...

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky2 

@Danky2 wrote:

@qvcaddition ........ isn't that the true meaning of Christmas ? Your son, who never comes to visit, CAME to visit. I am so happy for you and him. It is great that Mel is going to the vet but you had better get yourself to a Dr. Have a great 2023...

Yes miracles happen all the time.  Pain in hand almost gone.  It,s Not in arm anymore.  I  think it happened from the treadmill and 5 mile bike ride.  It was right arm.  I forget how old I am, but exercise is a great part of my life.

Been doing it for 64 years.  I might have to adjust some of it.

I didn,t get my yoga stretch in this weekend. That helps a lot.

Mel seems to be better.  I still will go to vet, when I can get them to answer phone.

I have been leaving the heat on at night and we both stopped coughing.

You also have a great 2023.  Everyone here

Trusted Contributor

@qvcaddition 

i have head off to work, but wanted to say my thoughts and love are with you and Melanie.

Please let us know how she is doing.   I know how worried you must be. 

I will think good thoughts today for both of you.  

Will check in after work today.

Love & Hugs!!

Trusted Contributor

@qvcaddition 

How is Melanie?   Just checking in. Thoughts with you both today. 

If you feel like writing... if not... just know I am here.

Love you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Black Cat Back 

Hi, hope you had a good day.

Mel has an appt. tomorrow morning with  vet. I just found out my vet retired in Nov.  So here we go.

Silver Paws said they would pay, and if this vet doesn't use them, to give them the bill and they will reimbuse me. That was good news.

She has not been doing that coughing today, but I want her heart checked.  She is always hungry, but I keep her on schedule. I think like us, it's boredom.

My friend that has cancer sounded great today. The drugs she has to take made her dopey.  She was off some of them today.

She sounded great, but having trouble with Hospice. Could not reach them on their 24 hour hot line.

Said they had a good Christmas. As good as they can under the circumstances, but sounded happier. Still has pain, but she was really up in spirits.  God Bless her. 

Well have a hand brace on and a knee brace on, but no pain today.  I had a good day.  

Take care, and have a restfull evening. Hugs and love back.

Trusted Contributor

@qvcaddition 

How did it go at the vets?    How is Melanie doing, and you?  

Just wanted to check in.    My thoughts and love are with you.

Nothing to report from here.  An unusually rainy day.  No one here  knows how to drive in it.   Going to make some dinner and watch the Kennedy Center Honors which is entertaining and a good distraction.  Not a lot of rentals showing during these past 2 weeks.   Hope it picks up again in the new year.

It was good that your friend who is sick sounded better the other day.  She sounds like a very strong soul.

If you feel like it, let me know how things are going.

Love and hugs!

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

Thanks for asking and I will know more tomorrow.  Nice vet, and said her heart sounds very good.

He took blood and urine test, so pray those comes out OK.

He spent a lot more time with me, more than the vet that retired.

He is still making changes, but he got rid or she quit, of the nasty reseptionist.  She was on Yelp with bad reviews.

The lady from Silver Paws was there where I arrived, and he Ok'd the plan, so all the cost were taked care of.  He even did her nails free of charge on his own. I tried to pay for that, but he said this is on me.

I am so blessed meeting such caring peope.  I did make small donations to Silver Paws this year.  They use to have dinners to raise funds, but covid put a stop to that.  Maybe in 2023.

It really helps Seniors that can't afford the cost of the vet.  There is a limit of course. It pays visit, and lab work. It sure helps.

This cold weather is playing havoc on my bones. The hand is fine, but the knee gave out tonight. Not bad. Brace and CBD help. 

Also going to watch the Kennedy awards.  Hope I stay awake.

If not, I DVR it.

They won't show houses in this cold meserable weather.

2023 will be a great year for you. New beginnings.

Enjoy the awards and have a good day tomorrow.  Will let you know.  Love and hugs from both of us.