Frequent Contributor

I heard this on dr oz once a long time ago.  But lately I have been seeing it more on social media on friends pages.   I rarely watch oz unless he has someone on that i want to see which is not oftenWoman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@WildFlowerUnicorn  I'm not sure what it means to Dr. Oz, but for me it means service. My parents taught me to wake up each day and pray that I could be of service to everyone - my family, friends and the world as far as I could impact it. I would put this in a specific faith-based light, but I think it would be removed. I have tried to live that life of service, and feel grounded and fulfilled.

Honored Contributor

Living your best life to me is the new Buzz phrase to get people to part with their money. Someone is always selling something, show me how one can live their best life without spending one red cent.

Honored Contributor

I think it's just a popular catch phrase, too!  A new one comes along every so often.  I also keep hearing --- it's in my wheel house.  I have heard this so many times in the last few months, that I'm tired of hearing it.  Same with -- live your best life.  I get what they mean, of course.  But its like must things, certain phrases get over-used and then just don't have much meaning any more.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think for the most part, most people try to do that for themselves.  You would not strive to live your worst life.  Right?

Honored Contributor
A phrase that is used, commonly on social media, to give the false reality that you can wake up and choose which "life" you want to live.
Respected Contributor

When I hear living your best life I feel nervous like I am wasting and have wasted a lot of time even though I had a pretty good life. 

IIt brings out anxiety in me for some reason.😔

Valued Contributor

You're living your best life? So there's no room for improvement. Just sit back and rest on your laurels.  

Esteemed Contributor

Without money or friends or relatives and no sickness very hard.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Living your best life

[ Edited ]

This will be different for everyone and the definition will probably change over time.  I’m reminded of when I turned 50.  It hit me hard that I had less years to live than I’d already lived.  I felt like I had reached the mountain peak and was on my way down the other side.  I become very introspective knowing I didn’t have much time left.  My focus shifted inward.  I wanted to become the best person I could before leaving this earth.  At this point in life, being older, that’s what living my best life is - - trying to be better,  trying to become my best self.