Honored Contributor
Seriously? A leak, in the scheme of things that isn't even a problem. That's one of life's inconveniences. Fate saying "gotcha" when you get too cocky...lol Everyone has little day to day problems and inconveniences....everyone. I thank the Good Lord that....at the present time....hubby and I and our girls don't have any big or serious challenges. I say "at the present time" because we never know what's around the corner.
Honored Contributor

My son the canadian who became American can fix most things like his dad.Canadians like to be a little bit diy and my DH taught our son how to fix his own stuff to save money....I think we might be a little on the cheap.Anyhow sons gf wanted a new gate so he built one but used two of the old boards.We asked him why and he said it saved a couple of bucks and they were still in good shape...lol.

Honored Contributor

I hate when things don't go smoothly or go wrong. My husband and I have been know to leave a shopping cart full of stuff and walk away because the store is too crowded. If we don't like how things are when we are out and about we just go home. Thank goodness my husband is handy too and can fix most things or we would no doubt abandon our home.LOL

Respected Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

In the overall scheme of things a leak is something that can be fixed.  I look at it as an inconvenience.

Such is true.  But (LOL) it is was sort of a surprise at 7:30 am to step on a wet rug.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:
Seriously? A leak, in the scheme of things that isn't even a problem. That's one of life's inconveniences. Fate saying "gotcha" when you get too cocky...lol Everyone has little day to day problems and inconveniences....everyone. I thank the Good Lord that....at the present time....hubby and I and our girls don't have any big or serious challenges. I say "at the present time" because we never know what's around the corner.

@chrystaltree  I so agree!  Whenever the problem is something like a leaky pipe or even a non serious illness like a cold or backache I always say "thank you God for only giving me this"!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny

Water is a mess and I'm glad yours was a "little surprise". Mine was a BIG surprise, and right when I got out of my 6 day hospital stay. Our, then finished basement/Gym, and Home Theater, was covered with sewage. And I was physically at one of the weakest points of my life.

If only it were a "little surprise" under the sink. Ruined almost half of our home.

Not glad you have a water problem, but take my word for it, a water leak is much different than a sewage leak. Hope it works out well, and not too expensive for you to fix.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Water can be so destructive to your home.  I had one of those inconveniences a couple of years ago.  My water heater is in a closet in the basement next to the tv room.  I seldom go down there any more, but one day I went down and heard squishing when I walked on the carpet.  My water heater had broken and leaked water all over the basement.  The carpeting was absorbing the water.  Had to call a disaster clean up company.  They moved all the furniture out of the room and hauled out the carpeting.  They put big fans in the room and had them blowing for 3 days because the water was going up the dry wall.  Little did I know when I got out of bed that morning that i was going to remodel the basement.  Ended up with a new water heater, paint and carpeting. 

Last year there was a bad leak under my kitchen cabinet.  It was the sink gasket and took the plumber about 10 minutes to fix it.

Honored Contributor

those leaks are awful. we had one and it didn't leak on the flooring, it leaked under the subflooring. it destroyed the whole laundry room and part of the master bathroom flooring. had to have the floor ripped up and replaced,that took 4 weeks  what a mess. we lived at neighbors house while repairs were being done, water had to be cut off while repairs were done to replace pipes and such.

good luck with repairs hope it is an easy fix

Honored Contributor

Hey @Allegheny!

What's the word on your water leak? Hope it wasn't a major and/or expensive fix. Just curious because of all of the damages we have suffered here. Don't like to see anyone have water problems.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My husband left a plug in our tub sinks in the basement and when the water conditioner ran that night, it filled two to three areas (one w/carpet) so that coming down in the morning, found water on top of the floor.  We have a very small drain down there.  We have a shop vac so that got up a lot of that. What a riot.  Our own indoor pool.