Honored Contributor

Let's hear it for the postal workers, counter people, sorters, drivers and carriers

These people are exposed to countless people a day and heaven knows how many thousand pieces of mail.  Same goes for the UPS and Fed Ex drivers.  They all have my gratitude.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's hear it for the postal workers, counter people, sorters, drivers and carriers

I totally agree.  Bless them.Heart

Trusted Contributor

Re: Let's hear it for the postal workers, counter people, sorters, drivers and carriers

As well as law enforcement, first responders, and health care workers.

Thank You !

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with everyone!  And can I add tractor trailer drivers, who are putting in very long hours on the road trying to keep everyone supplied with necessities?

Honored Contributor

At our post office, the workers are staying back 6 ft. from the counter, ask you to place your item on the counter and step back (6' from counter), then they approach the item/counter, ask what service you want, ring it up and back away from the counter.

The customer then approaches the payment machine and pays, gets receipt, then leaves.

They only allow 3 customers inside at a time and the workers are wearing masks/gloves and using sanitizer.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I meet our postal carrier at the end of our porch and he hands me the mail.  The other day he would not hand it to me and said he could only put it in the mailbox.  Today he handed it to me.  Two different carriers, two different rules.  So maybe some are making up their own rules.  No matter to me.  I applaud them either way, along with all who still get up and go out to work.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to add to the list grocery store workers, the folks up all night restocking shelves, warehouse workers, like Amazon keeping us supplies, fast food workers and of course POLICE and FIREFIGHTERS.  These are the people keeping us going.  It's time they were all appreciated.  Add others please that I neglected to mention.  

Honored Contributor

The local and national reporters who are braving questionable conditions in many cities and countries to keep us informed.

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers, respect and gratitude to all front line individuals. Many are paid lower salaries and making the greatest sacrifices. Daughter flying, F/A, from Newark to Brussels Belgium this evening. 80 seats open on the way out. 200 open on the way back in a couple of days. Many senior F/A have taken voluntary leaves for a month.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

I want to thank you so much for the comment. because my son is a mail carrier and asked him to be safe. He live in the Dallas area and it is something I think about. I had this same son to go throught the Gulf war when he was in the Air Force over 20 years ago. He remind me that he is as safe as he can be at this time but his job is to get your mail to you. I thank everyone involve who is  serving people, as I am a Tax Preparer who also trying to stay safe with limited hours. To everyone please be safe.May God Bless each of you and your families.