Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,085
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

To remember all the lives lost 78 years ago today when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎04-05-2014

PEARL-HARBOR4-1300x733.jpg

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,572
Registered: ‎06-03-2010

Just waiting for the sun to come up and will put the flag up today.  



......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Just waiting for the sun to come up and will put the flag up today.  


@CAcableGirl2 

Remember....for today only, it's at half-staff until sunset.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,725
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

@sidsmom wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Just waiting for the sun to come up and will put the flag up today.  


@CAcableGirl2 

Remember....for today only, it's at half-staff until sunset.


I'm unable to put my flag at half-staff.  Wonder if it's better to put at full-staff or just not put it up at all.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,930
Registered: ‎06-30-2014

Heart

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

@ValuSkr wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Just waiting for the sun to come up and will put the flag up today.  


@CAcableGirl2 

Remember....for today only, it's at half-staff until sunset.


I'm unable to put my flag at half-staff.  Wonder if it's better to put at full-staff or just not put it up at all.


@ValuSkr 

Just your personal preference.

I know many flag places sell a black ribbon to add to the permanent flags

to denote a 'mourning' feeling the half-staff flag symbolize. 

 

I know when I was in Exec Customer Service for a large bank,

I would invariably receive calls from people who saw flags still lowered

when they should be up (when a branch would forget to raise the flag)...never for the opposite...so I use that as a guideline. 
Like today, I've seen ALOT of flags full staff...and that's ok.

 

What's NOT ok (I see this when I drive down the tollway)

is this business who has one of those extra big US flags,

right next to the tollway (ie gets lots of exposure), and their flag has 

been down since Rep Elijah Cummings interment back in October. 
I would think many would think that's not ok, yes? 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,283
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Thanks for the reminder. I've seen some flags at half staff today and wondered why.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,913
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

 

@CAcableGirl2 

 

Happy to hear this. We are fortunate to be able to fly our flag 24/7. We have it lighted after dusk. And many of those that died were still in their teens.

 

 

 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,095
Registered: ‎09-02-2011

@hckynut wrote:

 

@CAcableGirl2 

 

Happy to hear this. We are fortunate to be able to fly our flag 24/7. We have it lighted after dusk. And many of those that died were still in their teens.

 

 

 

hckynut


 

                                         AMEN!

   "...and to 'FLY our -`OUR`- Flag 24 hours- seven days a week at any time"... I never will forget!

 

@hckynut , Thank you, NAES