Honored Contributor

I just saw the advertisement for the reality show about people's feet.

I like to watch Dr. Pimple Popper but I just don't like looking at feet.

But I learned a valuable lesson here once maybe (not good at judging) 4 or 5 years ago.

I posted that I was getting a pedicure and a lady came in with the most horrible long dirty toenails I'd ever seen.  She was extremely heavy and could barely fit in the chair.

I posted on here how gross and ugly it looked.

Someone here at the time read me the riot act that maybe the person couldn't bend over to reach their feet and/or cut their toenails.  Maybe they also had medical issues.

That started me thinking and remembering my grandma (who raised me) used to say, "There are two sides to every story".

Lesson learned.

Another time I posted on here about a neighbor who'd had her stomach operation to loose weight and she was still very, very overweight.

Well, this neighbor figured out who it was (because the name Annabelle is actually what I named the cat she gave me and she figured it out).

She came on and explained the second operation was because she had an infection from the first operation and so on.

I apologized to her and right then and there decided I'd try my best to remember what my grandma had always taught me.

If you've ever read my posts you'd know I talk about that pesky other side of my brain that is always the kinder....better part of me and how there's always conflict.

Well....I've tried to listen more to the better 1/2 of my brain and I think it's making me a much better person for it.

The reason I'm posting now is because I keep seeing (over and over) this show about feet.

It's almost as if (I'm looking up toward Heaven) someone is saying, "Annabelle....@#$% try harder".  Ha!

Thanks for 'listening".  (ps) I'm still not going to watch that show!

Esteemed Contributor

I get a mani/pedi every 2-3 weeks and I see a serious uptick in men at the salon. This is an appt only salon, not the cheap walk in place.

A gentleman prob near 70 was getting a basic pedi next to me. He was dressed in a uniform like a tradesman or mechanic wears.  He said he was a diabetic and needed regular foot care. He lived alone and a basic pedi every few weeks kept him with healthy feet.

Last summer there was a young couple enjoying a couple's package. She was VERY pregnant and couldn't reach her toes. Her husband was enjoying the hot foot soak more than she was!

Respected Contributor

I like watching Dr. Pimple Popper.  That doctor seems genuinely nice and concerned about her patients.  I haven't watched the other one (feet) yet.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor
I’m a nurse and I hate feet.

There.

I said it. 😂
Honored Contributor

Re: Lessons Learned

[ Edited ]

I watched the foot show though I reisted at first lol. The thing that bugged me most about it was one woman's foot still looked really bad about a month after the doctor operated on it. At least I thought so yet the doctor claimed otherwise. Maybe it was going to improve more though I did not hear her say that. Or maybe that's all they could do for her. She claimed to have had multiple surgeries prior to this one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lessons Learned

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  Your post is a hoot and gave me the greatest laugh of this day...keep the humor flowing!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 ALL parts of your brain are beautiful!!!!!!

See the source image 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  @bikerbabe  and anyone with a foot aversion:

Can/will you relate why you have such strong anti-foot feelings?  Is it something learned?  Something ingrained?  The result of a particular experience with feet?  Something else?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I watch Dr. Pimple Popper and the Foot doctor's show.  I at one time thought about a medical career, but passed it by.

i find both shows informative and educational.  I have no problems with any area of the human body including feet and armpits.  We are fascinating creatures.  I am always so happy when suffering people get help for their physical and emotional pain.

Shows like these may help other people who have similar problems that they are not alone and they can find help.

I understand not everyone can watch, that's okay.  There are other programs out there they can tune in to more to their liking.

Honored Contributor

@Marp  I can only speak for myself.  I can watch Dr. Pimple Popper and watch puss (sorry) come out and some really gross stuff; but I don't like looking at people's feet.

It's not like I have 'pretty' feet.  They are just normal.

My late husband had 'issues' about people's feet too.  He used to talk about how ugly people's feet were that had bunions, etc.

There were other 'issues' he had and I often wonder since he died when he was only (I say only) 58, how forgiving he'd be now that we'd both be 72 years old!

He took meticulous care of himself.  Yet he was a very muscular 'burly' man.  He worked out every single day and didn't have an ounce of fat on him.  He gradually weighed around 210 and it was all muscle.

He used to box in the Jr Golden Gloves and could hit the ball thing like you'd see on TV.  In fact I still have one in the ceiling of my garage.  He could jump rope like boxers do (crossing over, etc) jumping for hours, even when temps hit 90 some degrees.

I only mention all of that because there's no explanation as to why people have idiosyncrasies. 

Come on!  Everyone has a little sumptin' sumptin'.  Right?

There are probably people who don't like looking at people's hands who have arthritis.

I have bad arthritis in my hands and fingers.  Passed down from my Father's side of the family.  My mother's too.

With me, I'm a germ-a-phobe more than anything.  I was raised with an unbelievable germ-a-phobe. 

Actually, I've managed to encircle my phobia and keep it in check.  

I don't know about other people and their phobias.  To call something like what I have (and most likely others) a phobia, I think, is a stretch.  I think it does a disservice to people who clinically do have phobias.

Anyway, I've rattled on (something new).