Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam HI, if you are asking *me*, I'm sorry I can't remember her name. I picked up a book, fiction, set in the Amish community, about which I new quite a bit.

She had a whole series of very well written books. They were true to Amish language expressions and customs. There were about 7 or 8 in the series.

I got my first library card at age 6 and have always loved the library.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lazy saturday

[ Edited ]

Sometimes it's good for the soul to just have a "do nothing day." I would love to have a day just to read and do nothing else.

Respected Contributor
I bet I know who author is.it wasn't linda Castillo was it?she has wrote several aumish books.she used to be aumish,autism, now is a police chief.sound familar?familiar? Thing,I have several autism cookbooks.recipies r so easy to follow and very delicious
Honored Contributor

My weekend has been lazy because I did my spring cleaning during the week. I'll pick up with some outside chores on Monday.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you to just do what you wanted today! Nothing wrong with that. I'm retired, so I have days like that as well - sometimes I accomplish things and sometimes I don't. Go easy on yourself and enjoy your days off!

Respected Contributor

Had a lazy Saturday and Sunday. I have a reaction from the Moderna shot. Red arm and it hurts and is itchy. Looked up on line and some have this reaction.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I read all day Saturday and didn't get anything accomplished.has anyone ever wasted a day doing nothing?before you know its back to your job.i hate when I do this

AAAAHHHHH....yes.....a girl after my own heart.......GREAT POST!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Luvsmyfam Nothing wrong with that. In early 2009 when my DH died, for about 2 weeks I would do my morning stuff then go to our fabulous library and sit there for 5-7 hours just reading.

I found a series by an author I had just discoverd and spent 2 weeks reading everything by her.

I needed that quiet time. We all need it sometimes. My whole familly loves to read. As a kid I had to be told NOT to bring books to the dinner table.

Reading is wonderful. So is quiet time.

I was laughing and smiling at all these posts but when I came to yours, the smile went away and now I need kleenex.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine losing anyone else.  I've lost everyone I've loved dearly and it still hurts really bad.  So sorry, hon. XXOO love you!

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Had a lazy Saturday and Sunday. I have a reaction from the Moderna shot. Red arm and it hurts and is itchy. Looked up on line and some have this reaction.

@Catiele  I had a reaction, too, but much worse....temp went over 100 and felt bad for 3 days. The nurse who gave me the vaccine, also gave me a sheet with possible side effects. I had mine 2 weeks ago and am fine. Hope you're feeling better. 

Honored Contributor

@77yangya   So sorry for all your losses whether years ago or recently.