Respected Contributor

I read all day Saturday and didn't get anything accomplished.has anyone ever wasted a day doing nothing?before you know its back to your job.i hate when I do this

Esteemed Contributor

Don't beat yourself up. Sometimes that's exactly what the mind/body needs.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Taking the time to read something you enjoy is an accomplishment.  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam ..Yes, last Tuesday.  I had an morning early hair cut and then came home....did pretty much nothing all day except read, do a load of laundry and I fixed dinner....hate those days but it was cold outside, I had no motivation to do much.  

And then I don't sleep good that night because I did nothing all day.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a perfect day to me. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

A lazy day that brings you peace and joy is never a wasted day. In fact, we need to make time for MORE of those days. I just declare them mental health days.

I do get how how fast the time will fly, when committing to a do 'nothing' day. It's as though we lose time. We look up and it's over. A big contrast to the daily work grind, that often seems it will never end. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam Nothing wrong with that. In early 2009 when my DH died, for about 2 weeks I would do my morning stuff then go to our fabulous library and sit there for 5-7 hours just reading.

I found a series by an author I had just discoverd and spent 2 weeks reading everything by her.

I needed that quiet time. We all need it sometimes. My whole familly loves to read. As a kid I had to be told NOT to bring books to the dinner table.

Reading is wonderful. So is quiet time.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I read all day Saturday and didn't get anything accomplished.has anyone ever wasted a day doing nothing?before you know its back to your job.i hate when I do this

@Luvsmyfam  - I work full time (from home now) and I feel guilty too when I take it easy on the weekend.  I didn't do anything either yesterday (Saturday).  I'm going to try and get some stuff done today.  Monday will be here before we know it!    Don't beat yourself up too much. 

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Luvsmyfam Nothing wrong with that. In early 2009 when my DH died, for about 2 weeks I would do my morning stuff then go to our fabulous library and sit there for 5-7 hours just reading.

I found a series by an author I had just discoverd and spent 2 weeks reading everything by her.

I needed that quiet time. We all need it sometimes. My whole familly loves to read. As a kid I had to be told NOT to bring books to the dinner table.

Reading is wonderful. So is quiet time.

I think it's great your love of reading. I need to read more but unless it's something I'm really interested in I find it hard to stick with it.  My grandma I admired so.She lived to be 100 and she was a voracious reader her whole life, right up to her death.  And I feel it's why her mind stayed sharp as a tack till then as well.

Respected Contributor

by chance,do you remember the authors name u enjoyed so much?I work at a library and always coming across new ones.i never listen to audio books.like the idea of a book in my hand