Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Geller

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Tuned in for Laura G....always liked her products and Laura. Then Jane again had to mention her age. What is with her? 

@ellaphant What's with shaming age?  I'm old.  I'm proud to be old.  It doesn't hurt my feelings, and it's a joke.  Time we stopped age shaming.  It's who we are.  Old.  Young.  Or Middle Aged.  

Shaming age? No, its that she mentions it constantly. I've never ever seen any

host or vendor do it. It's odd.

Jane does mention her age A LOT.  I think she is a person who mentions her age, because she thinks she looks great for her age.  Whether she does, or not, is subjective, but she thinks she does.  It's almost like a form of fishing for compliments.

I know I'm playing amateur psychologist here, and I probably shouldn't, but watching Jane for many years, I think she's a person who has a very, very good self image.  You can tell from the way she preens and poses when she's showing off an item, shoes or or dress or whatever.  

Now, there's nothing wrong with feeling good about yourself, more people should, I guess.  It's better than constantly feeling less-than or dissatisfied with yourself.

Jane comes across as a pretty happy person, satisfied with herself and her life.  I wish I was more like  her in that regard.

Valued Contributor

I find Laura easy to watch and listen to, but poor Courtney ended up just sitting on the couch for much of the presentation - She looked very pretty, btw - Why was she even there?

Trusted Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes 

I had noticed that about Courtney when I tuned in to watch Shoe Shopping with Courtney & Jane, Courtney mostly sat and Jane was front and center rambling on and on about the shoes, Courtney didn't seem to mind though, she would get up once in awhile to model shoes being presented, they do have a good rapport with each other.

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Tuned in for Laura G....always liked her products and Laura. Then Jane again had to mention her age. What is with her? 

@ellaphant What's with shaming age?  I'm old.  I'm proud to be old.  It doesn't hurt my feelings, and it's a joke.  Time we stopped age shaming.  It's who we are.  Old.  Young.  Or Middle Aged.  

@ellaphant It's because Jane has to make everything about her or her daughters.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Jane does mention her age A LOT.  I think she is a person who mentions her age, because she thinks she looks great for her age.  Whether she does, or not, is subjective, but she thinks she does.  It's almost like a form of fishing for compliments.

I know I'm playing amateur psychologist here, and I probably shouldn't, but watching Jane for many years, I think she's a person who has a very, very good self image.  You can tell from the way she preens and poses when she's showing off an item, shoes or or dress or whatever.  

Now, there's nothing wrong with feeling good about yourself, more people should, I guess.  It's better than constantly feeling less-than or dissatisfied with yourself.

Jane comes across as a pretty happy person, satisfied with herself and her life.  I wish I was more like  her in that regard.

@blueroses47 Well considering how many people on these boards don't like Jane, myself included, you might want to re-think wanting to be more like her.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@LavernLuvsShoes 

I had noticed that about Courtney when I tuned in to watch Shoe Shopping with Courtney & Jane, Courtney mostly sat and Jane was front and center rambling on and on about the shoes, Courtney didn't seem to mind though, she would get up once in awhile to model shoes being presented, they do have a good rapport with each other.

@SoCal Bred It would take a special kind of person to be paired with Jane.  Maybe Courtney is the only one who could put up with her.  I like Courtney by herself.