Valued Contributor

Last night was eye opening and long,

[ Edited ]

Early last night my sweet mil was taken by ambulance to hospital. She was dehydrated weak and needing potassium. So it was my turn to care for her.My husband and fil went home  I stayed all night.I watched my strong hero lying there so pale and tiny.A million things went through my head, you can't leave me, you are  my mother,real fear.I realized who I am is tightly wrapped in her.This lovely soul who gave me her everything. I am strong because of her love..Her days are winding down,selfishly I sat wondering how my life will change.She is coming home tomorrow,  but it  reminded me this perfect angel had become a huge part of me.How do you thank the person who gave your life meaning?So she will come home here, I will take care of her this time. Mils love your children and their spouses , you have a gift as  a mother to impart a beautiful thing  that will last forever.A good. mother changes our lives, Thank you mommy for touching mine, I love you....Hugs MaryAnne 

Super Contributor

Re: Last night was eye opening and long,

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi

Very heart felt, and I am glad she is better and coming home.  You ask how do you thank her? You can start by telling her the things you wrote to us who do not know her, and instead tell her.  

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi  Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say.  Please just make sure you tell her how you feel and be so thankful for having had her in your life for so long.  My mother passed when I was 20, and I loved my MIL, but her son and I divorced after 6 years, and then she died from cancer.  I would have loved to have had someone like your MIL in my life too.  Heart

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I could only wish my mother in law was like that, mine was selfish, and self centered, she basically threw my other half during a dark time in his life.

I tried to like here and make her a part of our lives and nothing we did worked, so it gets to be a point when you give up

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi you have given much and received much...the true love of family With love there will be joy and sorrow.My mom once said that it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.I don't think that advice was her own but I have always remembered her saying that.

i am sure that you have no words that could mean more than your actions have spoken to your MIL.I am certain that she feels very loved and blessed.You have been a special loving daughter to her and I know from your past postings that she loves you greatly too.

Honored Contributor

I am sure she will be well taken care of - and thank you for appreciating your time with her. I am sure she does too. 

I am so glad that you are able to take care of your MIL. I am sure she feels better under your loving care. And you also know that she is receiving the best care. Enjoy your time together.

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

What a dear tribute to your mil!

you are a very lucky woman to have her in your lives!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

what a lovely tribute to your mom (in law). 

you can see the huge love you have for her. You sat with her while she slowly came around with the doctors help.

Valued Contributor

I say this with a heavy heart, my beautiful mil slipped away into the creator's arms  about 15 minutes ago.I am numb my husband is heading to the hospital now. I am lost ,we attended my niece's  1 year memorial this morning. Please pray for our family... MaryAnne 

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

I'm sorry to hear the news. Cat Sad

Sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your MIL.

yes mama till we meet again gloria ann mcconnell maddox. your daughter lisa.