Honored Contributor

Re: Lack of Privacy

[ Edited ]

@Thrive 

As someone else said, you can report her to FB, but they may shut her down.  Perhaps the suggestion of this might take the wind out of her sails!

Her actions Seem almost well...mean.

I would be upset too.  😠 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Oh, I can relate to that.  I want to be in control of my own image, I want to decide if something goes up on FB but I have given up that battle.  People are obsessed with FB and they have no respect for what others want or don't want as long as they do their FB thing.  I try to remove myself when I see those cell phones out but sometimes, I have no control.  Your sister is just pushing your buttons, she's just ignoring your wishes to be mean.  There's nothing you can do.

Respected Contributor

Do not allow any more photo taking....the last place I would want my photo would be on Facebook!  Not a fan of Facebook!

Honored Contributor

@Thrive 

I'm guessing you have already told her in as stern as possible. From the little you've said here, she sounds like she doesn't care what you say to her. I think you are stuck with a sis that lives in "her own lane".

Since FB, and other social media websites, are there? Not much you can do about her, and as with many things in life, you can only control what you feel and/or do.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Thrive 

One time I posted a pic of me & my sister from a wedding we attended.  IMO it was a beautiful picture but in her opinion it was horrible!

After a few choice words she told me never post pics of her, us, etc. again without her permission.  That was 3 years ago & guess what?  I never did after that I respect her wishes.

We've taken many fun pics together for our memories and that's where they stay with us!

Personally, I think it's rude your sister is not taking your feelings into consideration how you feel about this issue😡.

I even stopped posting pics of my GD and family as I don't know if my settings (I have private only friends) are truly private anymore!!!! 

Respected Contributor

@Thrive wrote:

What would you suggest I do? I am angry and frustrated!

=======================================

You answered your own question.

TELL HER!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

@Thrive , make it a habit to ruin the photo and keep doing it until she stops. Stick your hands up in front of your face.  She will not post photos like that. LM

Honored Contributor

@Thrive wrote:

My sister and I are both in our early sixties.  I feel that we are old to know to understand privacy and privacy rights.  Nevertheless, she continues to post pictures of me that are taken at family outings on Facebook.  I've told her repeatedly that my husband and I do not wish to be posted on Facebook and especially without our (my) consent.  The last photo was posted after I made it clear that it was NOT for other people's eyes.  About a month later I see the picture front and center on Facebook.  What would you suggest I do? I am angry and frustrated!

@Thrive 

While I'm sure you don't want to disappear completely from the family albums, there's no reason you can't quietly step out of any photos SHE takes.   Hey, at least try it and see what happens.

Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

Have you confronted her?  If so, what does she say?

I think your main problem is your sister doesn’t seem to care how you feel. In my experience, only a person who cares will change their behavior once they know it upsets you.

I agree @ Montana .

Respected Contributor

I hate my pic too and to put it on Internet is beyond me. Yes, like someone said ruin the pic, put your hand in front of your face, turn your head or make a funny face with tongue sticking out anything just to ruin the picture. It's a privacy issue and she is invading it. I would email or text not on social media. You told her but she continues so ruin it all. Too many share their life on social media which scares me. You share something on facebook then their friends can read or see pictures you have no idea. It's my & my family memories not all your friends too.