Respected Contributor

Will just be hanging out at home.I don"t like to travel on holidays. Will be grilling every day. Spending time outside while the weather is nice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Labor Day Weekend Plans

[ Edited ]

Nothing.  We were supposed to go the our county fair.  Every year it's one thing I like to go to.  I got up, got his breakfast, and was ready to do by 11 and of course, as usual, he started a fight with me.  He made it so miserable I didn't want to be around him.  So I went to Target to make a return and picked up a few things at the store.  Now I have to fix HIS dinner.  Ugh.  I told him this morning I was going to make a list of things that needed to get done outside before winter.  Guess he took offense to that and that's when he flipped out and pointing his finger at me that he does not like being told what to do.   

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 , I'm sorry that the day has not been a good one.  I hope things will be better tomorrow.  Maybe just get out of the house for a bit, take a nice walk and take a deep breath.  Maybe you can try tomorrow again for the fair?  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Unfortunately in Arizona it's far from the end of summer. We can dream though. To hot to do anything outside so in we stay in as much as possible. Maybe the temps will cool down by October.

@Meowingkitty 

ITA ... it's 104 degrees right now in SoCal.   I'm hibernating with a new series of books.  I prepared for this.

My kitty is laying in front of the fan; he doesn't want to do anything, either.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

@rms1954 , I'm sorry that the day has not been a good one.  I hope things will be better tomorrow.  Maybe just get out of the house for a bit, take a nice walk and take a deep breath.  Maybe you can try tomorrow again for the fair?  

Thanks.  I'm used to it.  Just a huge disappointment.  He lets me down all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop 

Wife left yesterday morning for a Pet Sitting Job. I will be taking care of business at home with our 2 furry ones. Pretty much the same as the many other days when she is gone.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Sometimes we have to make our own mini-celebrations of events.  After all, we only get one life to enjoy.

It is very warm and beautiful this weekend in Eastern PA.  We call Labor Day the end of Summer, because traditionally all schools begin after that date, although a lot now start in late August.

In Philly every year there is a huge outdoor music festival all weekend in Center City (downtown), which was established by singer Jay-Z back in 2012. It is extremely popular and many streets are closed.

We also have a big parade on Monday to recognize workers, which honors the true meaning of the holiday.

Many hotels also close their pools after Labor Day weekend, so it is the end of "vacation time." Lots of East coast residents spend their weekend at the beach, enjoying sun, sand and ocean waves.  DH and I are going to drive down to Atlantic City tomorrow to walk the boardwalk and enjoy the festivities.

Maybe I will even dip my toes in the ocean!

Respected Contributor
@pupwhipped, Yum! You are lucky that you can pick them up hot & ready to eat. Our Kroger (Pick & Save) sells racks of ribs packaged in the deli. They are already cooked & sauced. We usually warm them on the grill but have warmed them in the oven if it is just to cold & snowy to grill out. They are delicious!
Respected Contributor

Re: Labor Day Weekend Plans

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop  Our day was very similar.........took the trash to the landfill (the only time the pooch gets to ride along in the hot summer months), mowed pooch yard with push mower, did 2 loads of laundry, changed sheets, vacuumed dog hair out of vehicle (siberian husky)

And I had the worst senior moment EVER...........I re-parked my car in the drive, put the vacuum away and went to do the the stuff inside the house.  BF went to grill 5 hours later and tells me my car is still running.  I forgot to turn it off after parking it.  It's a hybrid so it probably turned on/off all afternoon.  

My mind was just racing with other things going on .....

Guess I'm going for an oil change this week!

Esteemed Contributor

Friday: going to the pool. Monday is the last day of the pool season. Smiley Sad

Saturday : nothing special. Dog sitting overnight at my home. Local pet warehouse sale. First time it's back since the pandemic. Dropped a small bundle on my dogs. Sale was good, but not as good as it was pre- pandemic. The dogs are fully stocked for the next 12 months, maybe longer.

Sunday: pool, weather permitting. Church and whatever else comes up.

Monday: weather looks iffy. Visit to Marshall's- I have a bag to return. Not shopping for fall yet.

All weekend: watching my baseball team on TV.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend everyone. Be safe.