Esteemed Contributor

Wow, @Shanus ! Sounds like you'll have to designate an extra bedroom just for the makeup & skincare room! How in the world does one try out all the neat things?!

Honored Contributor

I look forward to taking my great niece to DC in a couple of years.  I think when she's 12 or 13 and can enjoy and understand the historical things and some shopping and restaurants.

Trusted Contributor

I remarried last year and moved to DC and I love it! A car is really only necessary for weekend adventures, during the week we're walking, on the bus or metro, or taking an Uber. A couple of our favorite brunch spots are Farmers Fishers Distillers and Sequoia they both have an amazing brunch spread.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

My goodness that sounds like fun.  There's nothing like a new place to explore and that mall sounds like the perfect place to explore!

I know how I felt after all of those learning conferences.  The give aways are just the icing on the cake!

Respected Contributor

@Love to Run   I've been to Sequoia and it IS good.  Will put Farmers Fishers Distillers on my "to try" list.

On Barracks Row, 713 8th St. Southeast, Crazy Aunt Helen's is excellent. It is less than a year old and is just wonderful.  Had Saturday brunch this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the food, waitstaff, and ambience, especially on such a busy weekend.

Thank you for sharing your  favorites.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Left for DC on Friday morning. I had a MUA workshop on Sat. with a dress up dinner Sat. night. 

Sunday I was on my own to explore museums & lunch in Georgetown. Lots of traffic, construction everywhere and took forever to find a parking garage. 

Late afternoon and I was in the Tyson's malls in McLean, VA where the hotel was located. Yes, I did some "damage" since the stores were fully stocked.

Sunday night was a quick wrap up cocktail party, a few closing speeches and LOTS of samples, PR gift sets and gift bags from various cosmetic and skin care lines.

It's a 4 1/2 hr. drive to get home, so left very early Monday morning.

What a fun weekend!!!!

Love love love it when people share their dreams. 🤪

Trusted Contributor

@aroc3435  ooohh thanks for the tip. Crazy Aunt Helen's up next!

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear   I'll check it out next time. Thanks.

I ate a late lunch at Clyde's in Georgetown on Sunday....Bloody Mary (my first one, but the rest of the women were ordering them) and Eggs Benedict. Yum!

the weekend brunch is just amazing,  we did a family thing recently... 

https://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/menus/?dc/breakfast-brunch

There is also a Founding Farmers in DC near George Washington University.

My daughter went to George Washington for undergrad and now lives there.  She works for the Holocuast Museum.