Honored Contributor

I was in a hurry one day and had to choose a name.  I used my initials.  When all of the cute names came up I was sorry!

Esteemed Contributor

When I first joined the forums many many years ago (a lot longer than the registration date shows) it was to post on the Fashion Forum.  So I chose a nic that was fashion related.  Shoes and handbags are my major weakness, sooo.....

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

When I joined the forum, QVC sold much more jewelry than they do now.  Citrine is my birthstone.  I can't remember why I added the 1.  Dull story, I know.  haha

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  When I chose a nickname after shopping on QVC for about 20 years for so much jewelry ( great gold and gems at great prices), Dooney & Bourke bags, Birkenstocks, Joan Rivers clothing and jewelry, Northern Nights, Cookware, Dennis Basso coats, Marie Osmond dolls, Boyds Bears, Carolyn Pollock jewelry, Stan Herman Robes and loungewear, Denim & Co.,

Quacker Factory, Chinese jade, bath and body products, makeup,

Breezies, Fenton Glass, Irish sweaters and capes, Luminara candles, many gifts and household products, I decided that I had enufstuff.

Also this was after many years of acquiring various

collections of antiques since I had an antique shop in the 70's

and early 80's. So, Enufstuff seemed to be very fitting; although now, it should really be TooMuch Stuff.

Honored Contributor

In honor of my puppy who I lost several years ago.  This was one of his nicknames.  I at times called him my little - Angelpuppy, because I felt like he truly was a gift from God.  At the time I got him from an animal rescue, I was lonely and sad.  He was the one who rescued me --- and not the other way around!  He and I went through a lot together!  I still miss his sweet little face!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

My nic is complicated. Finches are believed to be tiny spiritual messengers symbolizing hope, joy, wisdom and enlightenment of the soul, with positive changes near. Who couldn't use that?

The beautiful true blue finch is quite rare and elusive. Challenged numbers in Brazil, some in Bolivia. Being a bird lover (grew up surrounded by a large aviary), I often wish I could see one, hoping for the enlightenment it might bring to me, before they're gone.

So my nic is in honor of the blue finch and the other finch messengers amongst us. And, mostly of hope. For all of us, and all creatures, large and small.

@BlueFinch   Thanks for the info and the beautiful way you explained your nic.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

In honor of my puppy who I lost several years ago.  This was one of his nicknames.  I at times called him my little - Angelpuppy, because I felt like he truly was a gift from God.  At the time I got him from an animal rescue, I was lonely and sad.  He was the one who rescued me --- and not the other way around!  He and I went through a lot together!  I still miss his sweet little face!  

@AngelPuppy1   I know my dogs have brought me through some rough times, too. I think we always miss their company. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the all the replies and explanations. they were so interesting and I've always wondered how you came up with your nics.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

I like your name!  Years ago that was me.  I was especially a shoe lover!  My mother used to say --- you could open up your own shoe store!  Then, I got to loving bags, too. When I worked, each day I would wear a different pair of shoes and carry a different bag, to coordinate with all my outfits!  Enjoy!!! 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I like your nic!  It sounds like a designer brand!!!