Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOVE THE NICS HERE.....

[ Edited ]

@Shanus Sorry you suffer with blisters. That's never happened to me, but I wear different footwear every day (like I used to wear different heels when working to go with my clothing, etc.)

Leather and suede are my preferences. Sadly some styles are not available in those choices. I have so many in order to rotate my footwear, styles and color choices. (Avoid the soft footbed like the plague!)

Tights work well for me in bitterly cold Nebraska weather, but don't own any socks to try!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@walkingal Both the butterscotch type and the jelly are called Krimpets.  As I mentioned, since that name was takenwhen I was looking for a nic, I embellished it a bit by calling myself "Krimpette"!Smiley Very Happy  Actually, I kind of like my "version".....hope I never have to change it!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Mine is named after my favorite Greek island. 

Respected Contributor

Mine was easy.

I was always chewing chiclets. I had blond hair and when I was young I tended to walk like a duck.

My nickname is my name since whenever, however, I do not walk like a duck anymore.

Honored Contributor

Saw QVC, took the Quality, and added gal. LOL.  Wish I had a neat story but no. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: LOVE THE NICS HERE.....

[ Edited ]

I started  here as "Pure N Simple'.  I chose it when I heard someone on TV say "blah, blah,blah, pure and simple".  That's how it came to be.

When I signed up on PB, I encountered a problem with having a nic with spaces in it.  So I changed to "decaf" there, and also here, to be consistent.  It seems that more than a few posters are using different nics here and there.  I didn't want that.

I chose 'decaf' while drinking a cup.  To me it meant a poster who is calm, chill and easy going as opposed to someone who drinks a lot of regular coffee and is charged up and difficult.

Respected Contributor

My husband has a black belt in Kenpo Karate. 

Respected Contributor

My nic is complicated. Finches are believed to be tiny spiritual messengers symbolizing hope, joy, wisdom and enlightenment of the soul, with positive changes near. Who couldn't use that?

The beautiful true blue finch is quite rare and elusive. Challenged numbers in Brazil, some in Bolivia. Being a bird lover (grew up surrounded by a large aviary), I often wish I could see one, hoping for the enlightenment it might bring to me, before they're gone.

So my nic is in honor of the blue finch and the other finch messengers amongst us. And, mostly of hope. For all of us, and all creatures, large and small.

Trusted Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@Shanus  This is a fun topic.  Mine may be an obvious one too...born and raised in Batimore. However, I moved many years ago to be closer to the beach and where I raised my family.  But I go home often and will never be from anywhere except "Bawl'mer", a city I still love 💕 

@bmorechick  I always interpreted your name to mean- 'be more CHIC'.  Shows how much I know, Lol!

Respected Contributor
Love your sentiment @BlueFinch! I had tons of bluebirds feeding today! Not the elusive Blue Finch, but still precious! I am a huge bird watcher too!