Honored Contributor

Re: LOTS OF RAIN/STORMS TODAY

@gidgetgh wrote:

Last night, overnight and still now (11 AM) torrential rain in Georgia. I'm in north metro Atlanta. I wouldn't even be able to guess how many inches we've gotten since yesterday evening.  Thunder at times and high winds also.  All we are missing are the 7 year locusts. 

I am hunkered down with @gidgetgh . It's been a stormy Southern am although we seem to be clearing OTP in North GA. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

We're expecting lots of rain...so much that several lakes wre drained so they won't overflow. Weather reports also said thunderstorms, possible power outages due to high winds and tornado warnings. Oh wow!

Who else is going to get bad storms today?

I'm in Central Florida and I could have posted your forecast!!  Front coming through this evening...had tornadoes in the line in Panama City last night!  Hope it dies down before it gets here!  Everybody stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Last night, overnight and still now (11 AM) torrential rain in Georgia. I'm in north metro Atlanta. I wouldn't even be able to guess how many inches we've gotten since yesterday evening.  Thunder at times and high winds also.  All we are missing are the 7 year locusts. 

I am hunkered down with @gidgetgh . It's been a stormy Southern am although we seem to be clearing OTP in North GA. 

@Laura14 - I just read on Facebook that we have this same forecast for this Friday. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I'm in South Carolina...rain, and wind gusts of over 40 mph! The wind worries me more than the rain.

@vermint 

Same forecast for where I live in Kentucky. Hope you will be ok in SC.

Hate the high wind advisories and warnings. We've lost lots of trees in our area the past few years due to strong winds. We have above ground utilities in my older neighborhood so we lose power often in these kinds of conditions. Hoping our power stays on. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma Thanks! Hope you, and all here, are safe as well!

Our property is heavily wooded, so high winds are always a concern...fortunately, we've been blessed in our 48+ years here to never have a tree fall on our house or outbuildings! Praying that holds for today as well.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Are you kidding me?!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We didn't sleep at all last night, we had a bad rain and wind storm and our neighbors huge fir tree fell in our yard and took out some of our trees, luckily it didn't hit anything important. We both heard the unmistakable crack and just braced for impact...ugh! 

I never sleep during these storms because we live amongst the trees and during these storms is the only time that I don't want to be anywhere near my beloved trees...

Our dog was terrified too, I was up singing to him. Problem is I don't know the words to many songs so it was a melange of "Mary had a Little Lamb", "Twinkle Twinkle Little star" and "rock a bye baby" haha I need new material.

Hopefully we all survive this!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@gidgetgh Are you kidding me?!!

@Laura14 -nope

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I just checked the weather. I am under six river warnings, one flood warning, one flood watch, and a wind advisory. Yell, if you see the four horsemen first. 

Honored Contributor

Southern WV is very wet, as both storm systems have brought us quite a bit of rain.  No complaints from me, as we had a very dry fall that resulted in nearly 400 fires statewide, so rain is good, and I prefer rain over snow.  

My brother and SIL have a well for their water supply, and have been going to the laundrymat since August in order to save their well water to bathe and flush the toilet.  As long as we're getting these heavy rains, they will feel more comfortable to wash some things at home.