Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Lovely2 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I always thought that when Leslie Blodgett sold Bare Minerals for one and a half or two billion dollars (don't quote me on the exact amount) that because Lisa had been instrumental in her getting launched on QVC doing all those great and funny shows together, that Lisa might have gotten a little cut of that, deservedly so. I have always just surmised that.

One of the wildest things i have read on these boards.

I agree @Shawnie .  This is a completely ridiculous statement.  Lisa didn't deserve or receive any portion of the sale of Leslie's business.  It's bizarre to even think that she would.  This isn't a jab at Lisa either.  It was Leslie's business.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Lovely2 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I always thought that when Leslie Blodgett sold Bare Minerals for one and a half or two billion dollars (don't quote me on the exact amount) that because Lisa had been instrumental in her getting launched on QVC doing all those great and funny shows together, that Lisa might have gotten a little cut of that, deservedly so. I have always just surmised that.

One of the wildest things i have read on these boards.

I agree @Shawnie .  This is a completely ridiculous statement.  Lisa didn't deserve or receive any portion of the sale of Leslie's business.  It's bizarre to even think that she would.  This isn't a jab at Lisa either.  It was Leslie's business.

From what I recall, Lisa Mason was responsible for bringing It Cosmetics here. I guess she was entitled to a portion of the 410 million dollars that Jamie Kern Lima pocketed when it was sold..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Goldenlocks, you shouldn't feel so shocked. Lisa has been a salesperson for decades.

Super Contributor

As an aside:

Who here remembers the inventor of Spanx.....lifting up her shirt,

turning around, etc.? 

I dont remember if LR ever hosted w her ...

After becoming a billionaire (or just prior to it) the Spanx lady 

had someone else replace her on the Q.

Its not dignified to be seen on the Q “in person” after your product 

becomes ultra-famous. (even if it’s the Q that gave you the launch!)

Try as I might, I do not envision LR showing us her “Spanxed backside”!

Was it LM who usually hosted w Spanx?? or maybe Sharon....

Regular Contributor

Funny, that was my first thought when Leslie left. She owed Lisa a lot. I am not sure Bare Minerals would have been so successful without the pairing of the two of them and their great chemisty. Also they were great friends.

So, I thought it would be logical, with that much money, to give her a cut. That enabled Lisa to do whatever she wanted. I could be wrong, but I still believe that.

Regular Contributor

I seriously doubt Leslie gave Lisa a cut.

Occasional Contributor

awe...I also miss her.  She amazes me.  She's gorgeous, ambitious and kind.  So many haters but everyone has a right to their voice.  =^.^=

Valued Contributor

I don't "hate" Lisa but I do think she's a snake oil sales person and a phony.   I wouldn't be too proud of myself knowing I was milking my customers by appearing to be their best friend and knowing they were a very vulnerable crowd.   Most of her inventory looks like very gaudy to me.    If you love her and her products good for you but she isn't getting a dime out of me.   

Contributor

She seems worn out and so tired.  I feel sorry for her.  Left a job she worked so hard at and is still burning it at both ends.  I wish she would find a way to relax and find a way to enjoy life that does not include making money.  I wish she would meet someone special, someone to share life with.  That is my hope for her.  All the best.  She is a special person.

Regular Contributor

But, if she did, what difference does it make? Why a big deal over this? If I were Leslie and Lisa helped me as much as she did, and became my best friend, and I got ultra rich, I wouldn't hesitate to gift her a bundle of $ for that. So what? Why would anyone care? Their time on air was usually scheduled to be together as much as possible as long as Leslie was there. They clicked. They sold tons and tons of this product together. Leslie stayed with Lisa when she was in town. If I had a billion or two, I would give it out generously, especially to people who helped me get that rich.