Honored Contributor

LIGHTENING AND STORMS

[ Edited ]

Unbelievable lightening display and rain for several hours beginning about 8PM and continuing during the night. The sky looked like fireworks and the thunder never scares Molly, but we had to crate her last night...she was shaking. 

Lost power about 2AM and came back on about 7AM. Setting clocks and microwave, etc. now. 

Hope anyone who had severe storms survived without damage. Our yard is a mess, but more storms today, tonite and tomorrow, so will spend the weekend cleaning up. We called our fellow who comes with crew to do our yard work on Thursdays and asked him to hold off until Sat. We'll get a head start earlier...limbs everywhere! Some bigger limbs across driveway that I was able to move to the side.

I went out early today to walk Molly and inspect any damage. We had just planted gardenia shubs in the front and thank goodness they made it.

This is the sky around the shopping center where I was after dinner and raced home quickly. 

IMG_3295.jpeg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Quite a dramatice shot, in what part of the country are located, Shanus? I'm so envious of your rain. . .

I fill the animal watering containers 2 or 3 times a day plus all the plant watering that needs done. 

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

@Shanus Such a beautiful photo and so menacing at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats   I'm in almost central North Carolina...

Esteemed Contributor

We had several hours of mild thunder here one morning this week.  No lightning or rain.  For here, it is unheard of.  So odd.  Guess something was colliding over the coastals.

Honored Contributor

Southern WV is receiving a very nice rain from those NC storms; we will take all that comes this way.  The drought has affected most garden crops.  

Many farmers will only get one cutting of hay this year, so unless they can buy enough hay to feed their cattle thru the winter, many will choose to reduce their herd by taking them to the livestock market in the fall.  

Esteemed Contributor

So glad you escaped any damage from the storm.  However, being w/out electricity is a big pain in the behind.  I happen to love storms and rain.  At night, I rarely wake up and will sleep like a baby through them.  We're having a little rain now.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

We had the opposite problem for our first cutting.  It was too wet to get into some of the hay fields.  And we've continued to get a lot of rain.  Some people, if they can time it right, will get three cuttings this season.

But you never know what August will bring.  It's been like this before and then turns off dry. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

It went over us and straight to you.  We have had 13 inches of rain so far this month.  Our lower area is flooded as the water from the cove drains down to us!

Super Contributor

Re: LIGHTENING AND STORMS

[ Edited ]

small part of our after storm and 2 days without power

mrshckynut 

Messenger_creation_9f318064-01d9-4cea-8d36-43cb7e54c699.jpeg