Super Contributor

Re: Kind of attacked at work, need help and opinions

Wow. I can't belive a nurse did that.

Honored Contributor

As ridiculous and bizarre as this incident was/is, I would just try my best to forget it, and move on to my new job.  To avoid possible problems in my new job.  I just can't imagine someone drawing on my forehead, but there are 'nut' cases out there, I'm sure.  Sorry if I'm politically incorrect, but anyone who draws a circle on someone else's forehead allegedly has something missing, and probably doesn't even belong in a medical facility.  However, I haven't yet read any of the replies or any of O/P's updates. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Back in the 90,s I was bullied @ work and kept documentation for two years.  Every supervisor that tried to help got laid off.  I finally got an attorney, won my case, but out of a job.  Long process.  

You got a promotion, move on.  Sometime it,s not worth it.  If you were still working with them, maybe, but you have moved up.

Respected Contributor

@TamiT28 wrote:

The nurse who scribbled on my face sent me multiple text and phone messages yesterday apologizing profusely and claimed she was just fooling around. I texted a different manager in the ER this evening who replied "Sweep this under the rug and move on to your new job."

I am beyond confused, frustrated, and upset at the way I am being treated,as if this is my fault. Is this okay for an employee to not only touch another employee but to mark up their face? Should I just forget about this and be thankful I don't have to work with this person any longer?

===========================================

Nonsensical behavior like this makes me glad I retired.  I used to work with Ah0les like that.  Was what she did "okay"?  Absolutely not!  However, the manager you texted gave you the correct advice:

"Sweep this under the rug and move on to your new job."

The person who did that to you was a jerk.  I'd "put her on ignore".

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Back in the 90,s I was bullied @ work and kept documentation for two years.  Every supervisor that tried to help got laid off.  I finally got an attorney, won my case, but out of a job.  Long process.  

You got a promotion, move on.  Sometime it,s not worth it.  If you were still working with them, maybe, but you have moved up.

This is exactly why it's often better to turn the other cheek. My sister was in the same type of situation.   They preached to come to them if there's a problem.   Being on the right side doesn't always work out.

To the OP, I'd feel different if you were physically hurt of course.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

Happy Housewife went back to work?