Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 Do you or your friend even know the bride and groom given that you were invited by an EX boss. Sounds more like a business invitation rather than a personal one and your friend should excuse herself from attending if it puts such a hardship on her.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I wish I had a dollar for every time I missed an event because my kids were little and I wasn't one to just get a babysitter for a couple of hours.  I've never hosted an event where children were not allowed.

Usually for a sit down dinner reception there is a menu card, if there are no kid friendly choices take a hint and don't bring them.

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of when someone brings a crying baby to a church service.   

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

This reminds me of when someone brings a crying baby to a church service.   

@San Antonio Gal  and refuses to take the baby outside.

Respected Contributor

Common sense needs applied. 

Why would you take three young kids to an evening event? .  Go and enjoy an evening out with out the kiddos.  

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 

Would appreciate update.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23  May we have an update p[ease?

Honored Contributor

Good Luck on the update!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor
  • Reading this reminds me of a friends wedding a few years ago. The bride had 3 children between the ages of 8 and 12. They all had a part in the wedding. After the. Ceremony and the pictures my friend rented a hotel room and a sitter for the children. They were able to change clothes and hang out. My friend told me a few weeks later several guest inquired about the children. He said one guest had the nerve to tell him they should've provided child care so the guests could bring their children! Good grief!
Trusted Contributor

This thread reminds me of an incident that happened to me.  I decided it would be fun to invite some lady friends and family members to a "Tea and Wine" party. it was a couple of weeks before Easter and it was going to be held in my backyard poolside.  One of my friends offered her fine china tea set with cups and saucers, whuch I did not want to take in case they got broken, but she insisted. Well, my niece calls me up and tells me her two young granddaughters were coming ( she did not ask peermission). I told her this would not work because it was only for adults and she got mad saying the  tea would be a great experience for the girls. I told her they give tea"s for young children, etc.   LOL