Super Contributor

Re: Kidnapped girl 18 years ago..forgiveness

@chiclet wrote:

It is a very complicated situation.  When the girl has time to come to terms with all this and sort out her feelings who knows how she will feel.  It is hard for me to understand how someone could have a stillborn baby and then jump in the car and drive several hours and go to a hospital and steal a baby.  It just seems so random.  Why Jacksonville and not a hospital closer to her home or a hospital further away.  I guess there will be more to come. 

If you're trying to suggest that she knew the birh mother or had permission to take her, I doubt that.  The kidnapping was reported when it happened.  The birth mother thought the woman was a nurse.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't see anyone suggest it wasn't a crime ,or that it was ok. What are you reading?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The woman who stole the child surely is not evil.   She seemed to do a wonderful job of raising a beautiful, well adjusted daughter.

But she broke the law.    There should be consequences.

It's all so heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

I think she did an evil thing.  I don't know her mental condition when she did it.  If she was ill, she wasn't evil. just very sick

If she wasn't ill, she is evil

Super Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I didn't see anyone suggest it wasn't a crime ,or that it was ok. What are you reading?

This comment mimics a news article I was reading,  "It just seems so random.  Why Jacksonville and not a hospital closer to her home or a hospital further away.  I guess there will be more to come." and it was suggesting that there is more to the story such as the two knowing one another.  

In fact, someone interested in doing such a terrible crime would not want to be seen or recognized if they entered a hospital in the community where they resided.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My heart breaks for this young girl...she has yet to deal with the mangnitude of emotions that are yet to arise.

She will need extensive therapy now and for a great portion of her life.

Also, as another poster mentioned, she has yet to see this from all sides. But, she will once she has a child of her own. She has  alot to deal with..now and later down the line.

In a way, I wonder if SHE would have been better off  if this never came to light, and she lived on as she was. However,  on the other hand, as a mother, I realize her birth mother must feel much different...as any mother would who had her child "kidnapped" at birth...It's a horrible situaiton. 

Sad for all.......

I pray she can find peace and some degree of healing.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Yes some are ,but you don't know her mental state at the time this happened. Some women have  deep depression after things like this happen to them

She has a criminal record.  She wrote bad checks, she was charged with Welfare Fraud and the family was evicted six times.  She falsified documents related to this girls birth.  

Ms Williams has no conscience.  She was busted when the 18 year old applied for a job 2 years ago.

Something has been going on for a long time.

My Prayers go out for the 18 year old ... and her siblings.  This is a lot for someone that age.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also want to add because the child has seen the mother in action committing fraud and thinking nothing of it she too may travel that same path if she hasn't already. What a shame she was exposed to such a terrible woman, a criminal that she looks up to and calls her mother.  She is truly brainwashed, the damage has been done and doubtful it can ever be reversed.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe her real family can help her